Premiership 2015/16

ans

Cracking point at Old Trafford just now, would be amazing for them to clinch the title at home to Everton next week, some party that would be. Chelsea could spoil that of course tomorrow but either way, amazing. Can't see Leicester losing this now.

Eta - I'm referring to Leicester of course.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleased that Leicester have won it. They must be the most popular champions ever among neutrals. I thought the wheels would come off but fair play to them with this achievement. Glad to be wrong on this.

Interesting that on the first page of this thread several posters had them down for relegation. Maybe next year?

wooley it would be worth a bet think they could lose some of their top players. it's hard to say leicester were lucky over a 38 game period but the so called big clubs city united Chelsea and arsenal just seemed to drop silly points. you can't see all 4 of them having poor seasons again.

Leicester are the team to watch. I think i'm right in saying that if we did a league table of the last 23 or 24 games Leicester would be top.

congrats for being first to pick up on it, but fail for

Yeh, you simply couldn't do that today. Far to much money in the game and the gap between lower Championship (which is where Forest came from in the old 2nd division) to the top of the PL and Europe is 100 times further apart than it was in the 70's.

Also, the average playing level/ability of players is higher today IMHO.

What a story. Absolutely brilliant for football generally :)

Leicester have to win the European Cup to match Forest.

I would venture that's more difficult now than in Forest's time. Memory may fail me but did they beat Malmo to win it once? It was a big yawn anyway. Then of course, the Champions League format doesn't suit teams who might triumph in a home and away knockout format.

Archived