Premiership 2015/16

ans

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leicester are the team to watch. I think i'm right in saying that if we did a league table of the last 23 or 24 games Leicester would be top.

congrats for being first to pick up on it, but fail for

Yeh, you simply couldn't do that today. Far to much money in the game and the gap between lower Championship (which is where Forest came from in the old 2nd division) to the top of the PL and Europe is 100 times further apart than it was in the 70's.

Also, the average playing level/ability of players is higher today IMHO.

What a story. Absolutely brilliant for football generally :)

Thanks.

To be fair Leicester were not lower second tier last year but it is still remarkable.

Of course the issue next year will be many more games and the need for a bigger squad. They faired very well with injuries this season (partly helped by no europe) but that is to take nothing away from their incredible achievement.

I think it's great for football in general.

You can get odds of 25/1 for Leicester relegation next year. Combine that with 100/1 for winning the champions league and you could make a tidy sum, although strangely not as much as you'd have got for them winning this at the start of the season.

You can get odds of 25/1 for Leicester relegation next year. Combine that with 100/1 for winning the champions league and you could make a tidy sum, although strangely not as much as you'd have got for them winning this at the start of the season.

Yeah, it's hard to imagine anyone betting on Leicester last August @ 5K to 1, even the most optimistic fan surely couldn't have predicted what followed. I know you can talk about several of the biggest clubs underachieving but it's still a hell of an achievement.

Yeah, it's hard to imagine anyone betting on Leicester last August @ 5K to 1, even the most optimistic fan surely couldn't have predicted what followed. I know you can talk about several of the biggest clubs underachieving but it's still a hell of an achievement.

there's been a few stories of people betting them to win the league not sure how many went the distance as quite a lot cashed out for a tidy profit.

they reckon bookies lost 20 million on leicester winning the league

I was thinking about this, if you bet on the bottom three odds-wise every year at odds like 5000-1 or 1000-1. One team was likely to do it some point in your life, so when that happened you'd be quids in.

I was thinking about this, if you bet on the bottom three odds-wise every year at odds like 5000-1 or 1000-1. One team was likely to do it some point in your life, so when that happened you'd be quids in.

But that's the point - they're highly unlikely to do it at any point in your life, arguably less and less likely as money has become more of a factor.

Archived