Premiership 2015/16

ans

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC have the story too.

Shame, I like him, thought he'd be good for Everton. But I can see why their fans would want to see him go.

I confess I never had faith in him, although I felt ready to eat humble pie at the end of that first season under him, he just seemed to miss some basic fundamentals in the way he coached a side and his unwillingness to change meant he'd have had us relegated before he admitted an issue

BBC have the story too.

Shame, I like him, thought he'd be good for Everton. But I can see why their fans would want to see him go.

I confess I never had faith in him, although I felt ready to eat humble pie at the end of that first season under him, he just seemed to miss some basic fundamentals in the way he coached a side and his unwillingness to change meant he'd have had us relegated before he admitted an issue

He's always believed in quick attack so he did well in the first year because he hadn't had a chance to ruin Moyes' defensive structure. Downhill from then on. Don't forget, he left Wigan relegated so no great Messiah was he there.

BBC have the story too.

He's always believed in quick attack so he did well in the first year because he hadn't had a chance to ruin Moyes' defensive structure. Downhill from then on. Don't forget, he left Wigan relegated so no great Messiah was he there.

Agree with that completely.

I heard that Everton never practiced set pieces and every throw in that occurred backed that up and angered up my blood something fierce

I bet Sky were disappointed in the Sunderland result last night. They have literally nothing to get excited about last day of the season apart from the off chance Utd can grab 4th spot from City.

I'm sure they will conjure up some sub plot though.

If you read The Numbers Game, on any statistical analysis Martinez kept Wigan up for far longer than he was expected. Here's a quote (from when they were still in the premiership):

"No club in the Premier League generates less money than Wigan Athletic. No club in the Premier League has so little history, or so few fans".

Their revenue was half the premiership average.

Martinez is a good man and, I think, a good manager, with one basic flaw - defence. When Rodgers became Liverpool manager after a good run at Swansea, a ton of people said he had just inherited a team that had been put on that trajectory by Martinez. It's obviously not worked for him at Everton and it's probably right for them to part company, but I don't think he is inherently shite.

If you read The Numbers Game, on any statistical analysis Martinez kept Wigan up for far longer than he was expected. Here's a quote (from when they were still in the premiership):

"No club in the Premier League generates less money than Wigan Athletic. No club in the Premier League has so little history, or so few fans".

Their revenue was half the premiership average.

Martinez is a good man and, I think, a good manager, with one basic flaw - defence. When Rodgers became Liverpool manager after a good run at Swansea, a ton of people said he had just inherited a team that had been put on that trajectory by Martinez. It's obviously not worked for him at Everton and it's probably right for them to part company, but I don't think he is inherently shite.

Someone has to be the smallest club in the league. Currently it's Bournemouth. Wigan were in the PL for getting on a decade. That quote is so bitter that it sounds as though it comes from a Bolton fan! Nobody else but Martinez got them relegated, although of course it was a struggle at times. To say he is a good manager except in defence is not much of a recommendation. It's like saying a pilot is good except in the air. I am surprised he lasted this long at Everton. I don't believe even Wigan would want him back now.

BBC have the story too.

He de-trains his players. Motes had them very fit and he benefitted.

I work with an Everton fan. Told him two years ago when he mentioned about booby m doing a great job.

He did it at Wigan. evertons players are not fit enough.

Archived