Premiership 2015/16

ans

So Van Gaal's style doesn't suit United's, and Mouriniho's will?

The bunker mentality and winding up opponents certainly fits. But I thought United's self-mythology was about attacking football and self produced players. Not traditional qualities of Mouriniho's teams.

Mourinho isn't an idiot. He's wanted this job for years. Watch his conversion to attacking football and bringing through youth players. In fact, it's probably written into the contract. He'd have agreed to anything to get the job. They can't get any worse than the most negative team in the league can they?

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Van Gaal's style doesn't suit United's, and Mouriniho's will?

The bunker mentality and winding up opponents certainly fits. But I thought United's self-mythology was about attacking football and self produced players. Not traditional qualities of Mouriniho's teams.

His Chelsea teams, aside of the last 1/3rd of last season and this season were attached. Especially the two that pissed the title in 2005 and 2006.

His Real Madrid team was too. They won the most points and scored the most goals in a season ever for la liga with a goal difference of +89.

He is more than capable of playing attacking football. It's about getting the mix right. Which he has proven he can do.

It's about getting the right players in and moving on some that shouldn't be there.

So Jose has officially signed for United then.

Strong rumours of Zlatan joining too.

I expect Jose to recruit a right winger, central back and possibly a midfielder.

Wouldn't be surprised to see United win the league next season.

I expect Jose to recruit a central back

Wouldn't be surprised to see United win the league next season.

It'll be John Stones

In which case I would be surprised to see Utd win the league

Stones has a lot of potential and I think he could have gone backwards if Booby Martinez remained in charge.

Talented lad although I'm not sure anyone should be parting with the money Everton will be demanding. On the plus side United might be able to subsidise that deal with one or two players going the other way.

No doubt he will create this Siege mentality, lose a few games and go mental, Jose has lost his aura of invincibility. He knows that, and hopefully he can stop being such a dick and actually concentrate on what he's good at, coaching players. I highly doubt it though.

Talented lad although I'm not sure anyone should be parting with the money Everton will be demanding. On the plus side United might be able to subsidise that deal with one or two players going the other way.

With all the additional TV revenue and a new backer (who has remained pretty quiet up to now) we will be in no rush to offload players....except maybe for Lukaku who has already pinned his colours to the mast even before the Euros.

Should be an interesting Summer ahead with both Manchester Clubs looking to preen their respective feathers in front of each other....

Im looking forward to the eye gouging at the first Manc Derby!!

Yeh, I hope Mourinho's acts with a bit more class going forward. My only really annoyance with him at times.

It wouldn't suprise me if Ronaldo ends up on the radar. He would be ideal on the right side although they need to ensure any deal doesn't get silly financially.

Ronaldo has said he intends to retire at Real Madrid so that appears to suggest that he is not returning to United. Mourinho is a risk in some ways but perhaps he will decide he wants to follow in Fergusons footsteps and build a club.

Everton will be interesting this summer. If they can appoint the right manager and with the extra money they now have they could pose a threat to Liverpool especially as the Reds have not qualified for Europe. Gotze looked like he was signing for Liverpool but once they missed out on the Champions League qualification that changed. I suspect Everton and Liverpool will be looking at the same group of players and that Liverpool's reputation may not be the same as it once was.

"Ronaldo has said he intends to retire at Real Madrid so that appears to suggest that he is not returning to United."

Things change quickly in football. They could win the CL tomorrow and he decides he wants a new challenge. And he loves United.

The biggest challenge there is the numbers involved.

Mourinho has one thing guaranteed. He attracts attention and controversy and that is money in the bank. And you know what the Glazers like? Yep. Money in the bank. I also think he'll do OK though. Can't be any

Would forget about Ronaldo anyway. Brilliant though he is, he is over the (admittedly very high) hill, and wouldn't be worth the crazy money even if available.

I'd be surprised to see United win the league this season.

They're shit

Shit is winning nowt and finishing 8th.

They're a couple of players away. And they have a proven winning manager who has won the biggest competitions in 4 different countries. And he'll have money to spend. Proper money too. Not fishing around for players at £5-10m.

Archived