Premiership 2015/16

ans

"Ronaldo has said he intends to retire at Real Madrid so that appears to suggest that he is not returning to United."

Things change quickly in football. They could win the CL tomorrow and he decides he wants a new challenge. And he loves United.

The biggest challenge there is the numbers involved.

Does he love United? He pays lip service to doing so. Always struck me that he just loves himself.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ronaldo has said he intends to retire at Real Madrid so that appears to suggest that he is not returning to United."

Things change quickly in football. They could win the CL tomorrow and he decides he wants a new challenge. And he loves United.

The biggest challenge there is the numbers involved.

Yes, things do change quickly but given that he made that statement yesterday and has asked Real Madrid for a new contract (his current one has two years left on it) then I do not think he will be moving anywhere. I am not sure that moving to United would represent a new challenge anyway. After all he has played for the club before and helped lift the team from a period where they had not won trophies.

If he wants a new challenge then I would expect him to move to PSG to see if he can win the Champions League there.

Let's not forget though how long he flirted with Real Madrid for. It was only Sir Alex Ferguson who persuaded him to stay at Old Trafford for one more season. Yes, he might love United but he loves Real Madrid more.

Zlatan might not be a bad signing if his ego is kept in check and he helps mentor the younger players. As for other signings I think that there is only a limited pool of really top class players and there is a lot of good players behind them but I woud question the value put on them and whether they are much different from what United already have.

United need refreshing in central midfield (and have done for years). Carrick and Schweinsteiger are ageing and susceptible to injuries. Schneiderlin and Herrera could be good but have been inconsistent. That then leaves Fellaini and Powell and maybe Blind if Mourinho decides he is not a defender.

The main problem is the squad is not balanced very well. I would expect Mourinho to address that and enlarge the squad.

Fellaini will hopefullysold. I'd let Carrick go too. He is out of contract, injuries are more common, and he's no better than Bastian or Schneiderlin. I'd sell Mata too. I really like him but if Jose isn't going to build a team around him then he'll be sold to help finance other areas.

Herrera is a very good player but Van Gaal didn't seem to find his best position or trust him enough.

Blind is a good player and the sort managers love. He plays at a consistent decent level, is intelligent with the ball and is versatile. All managers need a Blind in their squad/team. He may well end up in front of the back four.

Memphis is another one Van Gaal didn't trust. Which is a shame because he is a very talented boy. Mourinho could well get a significant improvement out of him.

The right had side is the area that needs reviewing more urgently. Mane would be a good option there. He's got goals in him, strong and scary pace.

I'm going to wait until the window closes. I think if United get a decent start and recruit a couple more players they can win it. But, upfront especially, they needs something else.

I expect the top four to be the same as last year. Liverpool will be fifth/sixth. Palace look like a side that will make the most improvement.

Bournemouth will go down. They have no intention of staying up and I can understand that. The promotion was worth £130m plus to them and they can go back down a much stronger outfit and build to come back up and make a proper go of staying up.

Sunderland to join them.

And probably one of Norwich and Watford. I'd say Watford if I had to pick one.

Remember this prediction?

I'm going to wait until the window closes. I think if United get a decent start and recruit a couple more players they can win it. But, upfront especially, they needs something else.

I expect the top four to be the same as last year. Liverpool will be fifth/sixth. Palace look like a side that will make the most improvement.

Bournemouth will go down. They have no intention of staying up and I can understand that. The promotion was worth £130m plus to them and they can go back down a much stronger outfit and build to come back up and make a proper go of staying up.

Sunderland to join them.

And probably one of Norwich and Watford. I'd say Watford if I had to pick one.

Remember this prediction?

Yeh I can't believe I had Liverpool finishing above Southampton or West Ham.

• 2 weeks later...

Koeman now confirmed as Everton manager.

It's gonna be a strange first day for the players in pre season training, trying to get them to remember what defending and set pieces are. It's been three years since they actually practiced any.

I think I'd have liked Frank De Boer as manager but I can't complain about Koeman - solid defensive mind set and a proven track record of success in the Premiership

Archived