Corbynmania

Rhumsaa

Asked again if he condemned the IRA, Mr Corbyn responded: "Look I condemn what was done by the British Army as well as the other sides as well. What happened in Derry in 1972 [bloody Sunday] was pretty devastating as well."

I see him condemning both sides...which is fair.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asked again if he condemned the IRA, Mr Corbyn responded: "Look I condemn what was done by the British Army as well as the other sides as well. What happened in Derry in 1972 [bloody Sunday] was pretty devastating as well."

I disagree. The Irish started the trouble as they always have. The population of the part of Ireland that is the UK province simply responded to the attacks. Any British politician should condemn the Eire terrorists, not attempt to downplay what was done by them by attempting to trying to relate the defensive actions by British people against foreign forces. As for Bloody Sunday, I and many others remain utterly convinced tgat the army were fully justified in the actions that they took.

I disagree. The Irish started the trouble as they always have. The population of the part of Ireland that is the UK province simply responded to the attacks. Any British politician should condemn the Eire terrorists, not attempt to downplay what was done by them by attempting to trying to relate the defensive actions by British people against foreign forces. As for Bloody Sunday, I and many others remain utterly convinced tgat the army were fully justified in the actions that they took.

It was a tad more complicated than that, Spook.

@ rmanx: Maybe. But a man who is even handed in condemning his country as well as his country's enemies isn't going to last long as a leader is he? Can you think of another world leader who does this successfully?

Britain is not completely innocent when it comes to the whole NI affair.

Being able to recognise and acknowledge the mistakes of previous administration is a good trait to have in a leader.

Judge Corbyn from the company the he keeps and the atrocities he refuses to condemn.

are you referring to his answers to the Northern Irish Radio station who asked him to condemn the IRA?

Not really, more how he aligns so much with horrors such as hesbollah and the like plus his relations with those who are rabid antisemites to name but two. There is more than a little of the rabble rousing based on the same targeting of parts of the population such as those involved in buisness plus his indicated towards reintroducing clause 4 hence nationalisation of utilities that can be found in the seemingly plausible ranting of Hitler. The trouble is that his script will appeal to fools.

Judge Corbyn from the company the he keeps and the atrocities he refuses to condemn.

are you referring to his answers to the Northern Irish Radio station who asked him to condemn the IRA?

Not really, more how he aligns so much with horrors such as hesbollah and the like plus his relations with those who are rabid antisemites to name but two. There is more than a little of the rabble rousing based on the same targeting of parts of the population such as those involved in buisness plus his indicated towards reintroducing clause 4 hence nationalisation of utilities that can be found in the seemingly plausible ranting of Hitler. The trouble is that his script will appeal to fools.

Strange...doesn't appear to be working on you...

That was my take on it - he focussed on the future and condemned all sides. The interviewer was being quite aggressive to provoke a response and he handled him calmly and stuck to his opinion.

I can't see any of the current candidates for Labour Leader getting close to form a government. Poorest crop I've seen for decades.

Not sure about that. What about when Miliband got it? Not exactly an embarrassment of riches then either.
The other Milliband brother was a much stronger candidate. Instead they went for the brother that should have been kept in the attic.

It's not just SPOOKY, detestable as he is on his own. It's the creatures that will slime in on his coat tails.

Judge from the company the he keeps and the atrocities he refuses to condemn. Then add the promises that he is making that simply can not be kept without bringing further ruination on the UK.

The creep makes even Galloway look acceptable (which he certainly is not).

Amended your post to reflect my view on you Spooky.

Hope this helpslaugh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I have found him to be a breath of fresh air in UK politics and have enjoyed listening to his interviews and comments. He's someone I think who would win my vote rather than my apathy in the UK like so many other politicians.

However, I do wonder if he will be negative towards the crown dependencies - I've not heard him say anything regarding that or his policies in that area yet.

AT - what makes you think it would be bad news for us?

A massive attack on tax avoidance. He estimates grabbing £120bn.

I think this comes from Comrade Murphy's estimate of the UK's "tax gap" which he puts at about £122 billion. Looking into the coverage a bit, Corbyn's manifesto says that this gap can be addressed, though Murphy is insisting only about £20 billion is realistically recoverable.

Looking at how he breaks down the figures, the biggest chunk of it (£47 billion) comes from the the UK's "Shadow Economy" - so proceeds of crime, cash-in-hand etc.

Even the tax avoidance figure focuses heavily on the financial engineering of large corporations.

I'm not saying he would be a friend to the Island, but I'm also not convinced he would see closing the Island down as a big priority - he's got bigger fish to fry

Private Eye:

"More top stories in the latest issue:

VEST-LAID PLANS

Jeremy Corbyn undermines his anti-austerity message by basing his economic plan on the most dubious financial calculations out there."

The most dubious financial calculations from Mr Murphy...?

Shome mishtake shurly!

I can't see any of the current candidates for Labour Leader getting close to form a government. Poorest crop I've seen for decades.

Not sure about that. What about when Miliband got it? Not exactly an embarrassment of riches then either.
The other Milliband brother was a much stronger candidate. Instead they went for the brother that should have been kept in the attic.

Thank The Brothers. The voting cards they sent out had on them that the "preferred" candidate was Ed.

Serves them right IMHO.

Archived