Immigration

Gee Cee

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you really just pull the "with us or against us" card?

[1]Is there a problem with Islamic Extremism? Yes.

[2]Is there a problem with Right Wing Extremism? Yes.

[3]Are we completely innocent in the rise of Islamic Extremism? No.

[4]Are we making the problem worse by making all Muslims accountable for the actions of the few? Yes.

[5]Are we the architects of our own problem by interfering in Middle Eastern problems? No doubt.

This is not an "us or them" situation and to think it is that simple is very naive.

I think this is rmanx's attempt to frame the argument.

I think the main debate is around [4] - I'm not making all Muslims accountable for the actions of the few.

But I worry that religious moderates can fail to present an alternative to extremism and can provide cover for extremists by downplaying the dangers in dogmatic religious belief.

There is then the point that it is the few who are the problem and they are the focus of our attention. Islamism is by far the most genocidal ideology the world is facing today which is happy to practice behaviours which should be beyond the pale to any person who cares for human rights and dignity. These people are evil and are responsible for their evil behaviour. It is not an excuse that there has been wars in Muslim countries, therefore crucifying people and massacring Yazidis or theatre goers is ok.

Cassie, can you stop cutting and pasting huge swaths of text from 3rd party articles. Plus there is absolutely no need to bold everything.

Do you know how to link to a url?

If you gave your own opinion and linked to professionally formatted sources people would be far more likely to read them.

Archived