Immigration

Gee Cee

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Mandarin is the world's most widely spoken language (English comes third), maybe we should all learn Mandarin and have done with it.

I wonder what 'ban motorbikes' looks like in Mandarin?

Mandarin isn't the most widely spoken language.

Quiet notwell, can't let the facts get in the way of a tenuous link for a quick anti bike rant.

I wonder what 'fuck off home you whinging come over cunt' looks like in Mandarin?

As Mandarin is the world's most widely spoken language (English comes third), maybe we should all learn Mandarin and have done with it.

post-36007-0-75704100-1453369946_thumb.jpg

You're missing out second language speakers - that list is native language speakers, but you need to add a billion odd people who have toiled for hours earning English - they outnumber by a huge amount those who have tried learning Mandarin.

The issue is if you walk up to someone anywhere around the world and ask them a question which language has the highest probability of getting an answer.

English is far more likely to than Mandarin or any other language.

attachicon.gif452345234.JPG

it isn't the most widely spoken.

It might be spoken by the most people, purely because of the amount of people in China. But about 6 countries use Mandarin in any form and I think less as a first language.

You have a nose round the world. The most widely spoken languages as a first language are English and Spanish. And English especially is used as a second language by a lot of countries.

Mandarin would be 3rd most widely used at best.

Sorry notwell, but those nice people at Wiki disagree with you.

They claim that 14.1% of the world's population speak Mandarin. 5.85% speak Spanish, 5.52% speak English, 4.46% speak Hindi, and 4.23% speak Arabic. Those are the top five. German is in 11th place, and French in 18th place.

If you want an argument about this, please go and argue with Wiki, not me.

Do you have problems understanding the meaning of Native Speakers and second language speakers?

The Wikipedia list you've linked to is only for Native Speakers - it is missing out all those nice Mandarin Speakers who you can walk up to and have a conversation with in English.

There are far more people who you can do this with using English than any other language.

The most widely spoken languages as a first language are English and Spanish.

Opps - sorry Gee Cee, I see you are disagreeing with Notwell's claims about the number of 1st language speakers - yeah he's disagreeing with the Wikipedia figures.

I'm pretty sure he's wrong - Notwell, do you have any sources to back up your claim. I think it is wrong and that the Wikipedia numbers are about right.

Sorry notwell, but those nice people at Wiki disagree with you.

They claim that 14.1% of the world's population speak Mandarin. 5.85% speak Spanish, 5.52% speak English, 4.46% speak Hindi, and 4.23% speak Arabic. Those are the top five. German is in 11th place, and French in 18th place.

If you want an argument about this, please go and argue with Wiki, not me.

Jesus are you that thick?

You made a statement that Mandarin is the most widely spoken language in the world.

It isn't . It is spoken on a numbers basis by the most people. The vast majority of which are in one country.

Spanish and English are spoken as first languages in a large number of places. And second languages in many.

Mandarin is spoken in China and about five other countries in the area as a first language. . Aside of that the only people speaking Mandarin are dotted around the world as foreigners living overseas as with many languages.

It isn't difficult. Really.

Why would you even argue this point?

I'm sure the lefties will have an excuse for this animal, like '' oh well we shouldn't have bombed his country'' or ''he's just a bit misguided following a messy divorce from his five year old wife'' No more excuses, fuckers like this should be thrown into a giant mincing machine and then fed to pigs!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3410575/Shocking-moment-thief-PUNCHES-mother-face-spits-young-children-stops-stealing-elderly-woman.html

Archived