Gold

manxy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wise have been hording precious metals for some time now, when the financial system crashes later this month,

Do you plan on eating it or building a shelter out of it?

Its also wise to have some tinned and dried food, preferable 2-3 months supply..

The wise have been hording precious metals for some time now, when the financial system crashes later this month,

Its also wise to have some tinned and dried food, preferable 2-3 months supply..

Gold Hoarder - "Hello good sir can I buy some of your food with this gold that was worth so much before the fall of society?"

Merchant of the apocalyptic future - "Can I eat it?"

GH - "No"

Merchant - "Can I take shelter in it?"

GH - "No"

Merchant - "Can it help fight an infection?"

GH - "No"

Merchant - "Can I defend myself with it?"

GH - "Well...its kinda heavy I suppose you could hit someone with it....but generally no"

Merchant - "So what use is it then?"

The expectation is for a collapse of the financial system. Not a zombie apocalypse. I am sure that people will react badly anyway, even though it's a fictional system that has failed. You just need the essentials to get by for a few weeks, you don't want to be looking through bins when Tesco is empty after 2 days. I suppose an isolated island full of hungry people could resemble a zombie apocalypse after a couple of weeks...lol

The expectation is for a collapse of the financial system. Not a zombie apocalypse. I am sure that people will react badly anyway, even though it's a fictional system that has failed. You just need the essentials to get by for a few weeks, you don't want to be looking through bins when Tesco is empty after 2 days. I suppose an isolated island full of hungry people could resemble a zombie apocalypse after a couple of weeks...lol

Who mentioned a zombie apocalypse? You vastly under estimate mans capacity to be a shit to his fellow man when the electricity goes out and the water stops flowing.

And you vastly over estimate the value of precious metals in a world where survival is paramount rather than wealth.

There's not a chance I'm eating baked beans for 3 months. I'd rather die.

I'm all stocked up for the coming apocolypse anyway. I've got a pantry full of Terry's All Gold, Golden Virginia tobacco, some Golden Syrup, big jar of Nescafe Gold Blend, some frozen Golden Delicious apples, Kerry Gold butter, a few bottles of Goldschlager and some Ferraro Rocher.

There's not a chance I'm eating baked beans for 3 months. I'd rather die.

I'm all stocked up for the coming apocolypse anyway. I've got a pantry full of some Ferraro Rocher.

Are you hoping to be the Isle of Man's ambassador to the Zombie Nation?

Archived