Volkswagen - false emissions test results.

The Border Terrier

We had a VW at one stage, so would we be entitled to sue VW for being fraudulent as it was bought at the time for fuel economy?

This is about emissions, not economy.

Everyone knows the economy figures are bollocks anyway.

Depends on how they're used. You're not going to get the official figures in real world driving, but it does enable like-for-like comparisons to be made across models and manufacturers.

This is a big big issue really.

Governments agree to pollution limits, and set targets for vehicle emissions. If the car passes the test, they are allowed to sell the car.

VW cheated the Government test. But not only that, they cheated the entire international community who are trying to control air pollution.

Basically, it seems the cars are able to pass the test, but with reduced performance. VW knew they could not sell the reduced performance cars, so they cheated.

Potentially, an extra million tons of NOX was released into the atmosphere (so far) because of this cheat. The Guardian says this is more than all UK power stations, industry and agriculture produced in a year.

VW agreed to meet standards, which Government set for health reasons.

VW cheated and we have been breathing more NOX for years because of it.

Class Action anyone?sorcerer.gif

• Like 1

Can't wait for ads for the "National VW Scandal Helpline" asking you if you've bought a veedub in the last 10 years. If so you could be due compensation. Ring this 0800 number now to discuss your claim with one of our legal experts.....

Apparently phone calls are already doing the rounds asking if you've been mis-sold TDI.

• Like 3

There's some thing very satisfying about a load of previously über smug, perma tanned, sausage munching squareheads snivelling and grovelling on televisions all over the world. As our old gran used to say, when delivering her summary on the wisdom of European integration, "You can never trust a German!" cool.png

Does anyone know, what is German for schadenfreude? cool.png

• Like 3

VW cheating?

Next they'll be saying there's no Father Christmas.

Audi at it now too. Poor old VW group. I hope Porsche haven't been at it .

Someone said (about 20% ago) about it being a great time to buy VW shares. This isn't over. I'd be tempted to keep ones powder dry at the moment.

VW cheating?

Someone said (about 20% ago) about it being a great time to buy VW shares. This isn't over. I'd be tempted to keep ones powder dry at the moment.

Porsche don't make that many diesels other than the shitty Cayenne. Great time to buy that diesel Audi or VW Golf you always wanted. They'll be depreciating like fuck as the emissions test is part of the UK MOT. Who is going to pay good money for a car that's going to be a pain in the ass to get an MOT cert for in future?

Given some of the old stuff that passes UK MOT emissions tests with ease, these VWs would have to be hugely worse than their published figures for this to be a genuine problem. However, I agree, confidence is dented and many won't take the chance. that's bound to affect residuals and maybe new car discounts.

If I was a new car buying sort instead of an old scrooge, I'd be having a look now at the deals available.

VW cheating?

http://www.cityam.com/225388/volkswagen-share-price-falls-its-removed-dow-jones-sustainability-indices

Cue the selling by certain funds. Down another few percent today. Painful.