Local petrol-heads?

MickyBlue

I imagine the weather will be suitably foul by then, so much so that you'll probably need a Landy in order to attend!

Could be an interesting day though, something a bit different from the norm. I'd really like to see them do a lot more themed events, maybe tying them in with all of the visiting car clubs throughout the year.

Oh and an autojumble, they definitely need to do an autojumble.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's a Mini Adventure!

Next event happening up at the museum is on Sunday 6th March.

Buchanan BMW & Mini are using the venue to launch the 2016 Mini Convertible.

From what I have been told, there will be some sort of parade of Minis setting off from the Grandstand at 9am and making their way around the TT course and then heading out to the Isle of Man Motor Museum at 10am for the unveiling of the 2016 Mini convertible.

I'm led to believe (from a little research I did) that there are 125 or so classic Minis on a local register so it would be quite a sight if these all turned up for this event. If you own one (or know someone who does) spread the word and please turn up on the day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Isle of Man Motor Museum celebrates its 1st birthday this Sunday and they are unveiling their latest restoration project to the public.

I know there are a few petrolheads on here (and the weather is looking good for Sunday) so if you have nothing else on, why not head down for a skeet?

There are some Ferraris driving about from across at the moment, there is also a visiting contingent of the Porsche Club GB over for the weekend and it is the monthly meet up of classic and interesting vehicles at the museum anyway so it should be a good day overall I reckon.

• 1 month later...

Where on earth did Franklins get their hands on a 2014 LaFerrari? (ref. this week's Courier)

Maybe they saw it for sale in the Courier.

Was it your high group high performance vehicle?

I wish, and certainly not while this government keep dreaming up new ways to empty our pockets.

Is there no topic safe from someone mentioning government?

I wonder if this is actually on-island (or is it something they have an option on if someone local is interested in it)?

There are people over here who could afford it and it would be great to see one out and about on the roads for sure.

Maybe that Doug Barrowman fella might snap it up.

Is there no topic safe from someone mentioning government?

I wonder if this is actually on-island (or is it something they have an option on if someone local is interested in it)?

There are people over here who could afford it and it would be great to see one out and about on the roads for sure.

Maybe that Doug Barrowman fella might snap it up.[/quote

No.

Oh yeah, a holy trinity car on the rock would be something else. I think one of the mags brought a P1 over for a play and I have been told there was a Veyron over at some point as well but to have a locally registered hypercar here (and hopefully being used) would be ace.