Local petrol-heads?

MickyBlue

Does anyone know if there are any Honda NSX's on the Island ?

There used to be an old boy pootling around Ramsey in a red one, not seen it for a while though.

I think there a couple of white ones , maybe tuned up a bit, down on the Balthane Ind. Est.

Thanks. I will take a drive round there. If anyone knows of an owner who wouldn't mind me asking them a few questions please PM me. MANY THANKS.

There used to be an old boy pootling around Ramsey in a red one, not seen it for a while though.

I think there a couple of white ones , maybe tuned up a bit, down on the Balthane Ind. Est.

Thanks. I will take a drive round there. If anyone knows of an owner who wouldn't mind me asking them a few questions please PM me. MANY THANKS.

OOPS, really sorry mate, I'm thinking of another Honda model.

Hope you didn't waste too much time and fuel going down there. sad.png

Never seen an NSX over here, let alone knew that one used to regularly drive around Ramsey - dunno how I missed that! There must be at least one tucked away somewhere - I'd never seen a Lotus Carlton over here until I spotted the one on loan in the museum the other week.

I'm missing the better weather already, we've got months of this wet stuff to get through yet!

Let's hope for a dry and not too cold day on Sunday 6th for the display in Market Square...

Never seen an NSX over here, let alone knew that one used to regularly drive around Ramsey - dunno how I missed that! There must be at least one tucked away somewhere - I'd never seen a Lotus Carlton over here until I spotted the one on loan in the museum the other week.

I'm missing the better weather already, we've got months of this wet stuff to get through yet!

Let's hope for a dry and not too cold day on Sunday 6th for the display in Market Square...

OOPS, really sorry mate, I'm thinking of another Honda model.

Hope you didn't waste too much time and fuel going down there. sad.png

No worries guys. Will try to get a look and feel for one next time I'm across then and pending this maybe we'll have one (plus maybe a red one in Ramsey) on the Island.

I'll keep you notified and join future 'rally's' if applicable. P.S. Lotus Carlton actually considered as was the very rare 3.0 CSL.

Next event is just a week away, as part of the Ramsey Christmas Shopping afternoon and Santa Trail, in the recently regenerated Market Square.

Spread the word, bring something interesting along (modern / future classics are fine) or just pop along for a skeet and a chat with like-minded car fans. I'm working sadly but I will pop down for a 30 minutes at least (maybe longer, depending on cover). I know the museum will be bringing some of their cars along as well.

Hope I get to meet some fellow MF members on the day. :)

post-72-0-11503300-1448742069_thumb.jpg post-72-0-80623700-1448742050_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not doubting you but are you sure this is on (I've not seen anything on Facebook about it)? I know you're based in the south so would hate you to have a wasted journey in terms of numbers of people showing their cars at least (I know there are a few regulars who go to help out every Sunday regardless).

I'm lacking in transport atm and it's too near to Christmas to throw money at taxis there and back from Ramsey (cost me £30 last time when Shmee was over).

I went for a look around last Sunday and the guy said that it was on - but who knows for sure! Given that this Sunday looks reasonable weather-wise I'll probably go for a run out anyway and may call in for breakfast.

They could definitely make more of it by making an effort in terms of publicity - clearly not a strong point of theirs.

Micky