Local petrol-heads?

MickyBlue

Not surprising really, they are great cars - there's already 3 675LTs over here (and at least 1 650s spyder).

BB - I hadn't forgotten the 918, I just wasn't sure whether or not one had been over here (or was locally owned). You'd think at least one of the local HNWIs would have been tempted by one.

• 5 years later...
On 10/26/2015 at 5:24 PM, Bobbie Bobster said:

IAM do a regular bike run-out AFAIK.

The classic car bunch are a decent crowd, but it's not modern machinery.

You're always going to run into the low-numbers problem here, especially if it's marque-specific. Although the number of 458's I've seen on pricey personalised plates - they could probably have a drecent-sized club on their own.

Sorry to respond to such an old post. What's IAM? Can't seem to find any motorcycle petrolhead-specific thread (besides the TT ones) in the forum. Surely, I'm just missing it/them or perhaps I should be looking for their own websites? I'm considering moving to IOM and had the same petrol-head quest going and no, I'm not at all marque specific. I'm into cars and bikes, but for now mainly bikes.

9 hours ago, opusManx said:

Sorry to respond to such an old post. What's IAM? Can't seem to find any motorcycle petrolhead-specific thread (besides the TT ones) in the forum. Surely, I'm just missing it/them or perhaps I should be looking for their own websites? I'm considering moving to IOM and had the same petrol-head quest going and no, I'm not at all marque specific. I'm into cars and bikes, but for now mainly bikes.

I haven't read the whole thread, but has the Moddy Dhoo motorcycle club been mentioned?

https://moddeydhoomcc.co.uk/ 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I've tended to always use the term "motor-heads". I was a-head of my time. Same rules apply. Rock n' Roll band reference not withstanding.

(Maybe bc in N. America, we don't call it "petrol", but "gas" (gasoline abbreviated). Don't ask me why "gas-heads" never caught on. I suspect it's potential to be construed as an insult...Or to invoke fart-jokes.)

Edited by opusManx