Douglas Burglary while occupants asleep

slinkydevil

No it's not OK but like everything depends on degree. I think reasonable force might be acceptable if threatened although at my age I doubt whether I could manage that.

Bees would probably make him a cup of tea and notwell would probably half kill him. These are not the only two options but I agree that someone entering your home by breaking in does relinquish certain rights they would have had they stayed in the street.

Edit: If they are armed this clearly completely changes the dynamic and reasonable force might mean something entirely different. Personally I'd just run (ok fast walk....)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think burglary on your home is one of the biggest down-played crimes there is. It is dealt with derisory punishments considering what it must do to the majority of victims. Breaking in to ANY property to thieve is an act carried out by low-life's, but to break in to a house where you know there is a very good chance people, especially children, will be there is totally despicable. The emotional distress and psychological scars this type of crime leaves on a lot of victims should not be down played.

If it happened to me then I would try to do whatever I thought appropriate at the time to protect my family. I'm sure the last thing on my mind at that moment would be worrying what the police or the courts would think would be appropriate action.

I would like to see these people locked up for years, not weeks!

I really think burglary on your home is one of the biggest down-played crimes there is. It is dealt with derisory punishments considering what it must do to the majority of victims. Breaking in to ANY property to thieve is an act carried out by low-life's, but to break in to a house where you know there is a very good chance people, especially children, will be there is totally despicable. The emotional distress and psychological scars this type of crime leaves on a lot of victims should not be down played.

If it happened to me then I would try to do whatever I thought appropriate at the time to protect my family. I'm sure the last thing on my mind at that moment would be worrying what the police or the courts would think would be appropriate action.

I would like to see these people locked up for years, not weeks!

+1

People like that need a proper beating.

So it's ok to beat someone because they stole something? You're all mental...and not in a good way.

Other countries chop hands off.

And yet they still have people stealing and robbing...it is almost as if it has utterly failed as a deterrent...

And yet they still have people stealing and robbing...it is almost as if it has utterly failed as a deterrent...

They won't do it with that hand again though, so it's a result.

They might not but others can and will...

Hardly dealing with the problem "at hand"...

If the threat of mutilation or death isn't working as a deterrent to carrying out the crime in the first place, maybe they need to rethink their deterrent...

Archived