Douglas Burglary while occupants asleep

slinkydevil

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be electronically tagged for the rest of his natural when he's released. And the tag should have the words 'because I'm a thieving cunt' embossed on it.

If released early for any reason, I completely agree with the tag. When he commits the next crime (within 6 months of being released) it'll be that much easier to find him and lock him back up.

Perhaps if drugs weren't illegal he wouldn't turn to burglary to fund his escape from depression? A sorry character really. I hope he sorts himself out, it's hardly the crime of the century.

how does that work? if drugs were legal they won't be any cheaper once government has added its duty and they'd still need to be PAYED for. doesn't matter whether it is drugs or drink or cream cakes, if your outgoings exceed your incomings there aren't too many options, and abstaining isn't an option apparently.

MTP ,I wouldn't be too sorry if an occupier of a property he burgled "sorted him out".

One wonders if you would still regard his crime as "hardly the crime of the century" if it was your gaff he robbed , and in the process terrorised your kids (if only by them seeing a total stranger in their house)?

how does that work? if drugs were legal they won't be any cheaper once government has added its duty and they'd still need to be PAYED for. doesn't matter whether it is drugs or drink or cream cakes, if your outgoings exceed your incomings there aren't too many options, and abstaining isn't an option apparently.

I dunno. Perhaps he could become a drug dealer.

MTP ,I wouldn't be too sorry if an occupier of a property he burgled "sorted him out".

One wonders if you would still regard his crime as "hardly the crime of the century" if it was your gaff he robbed , and in the process terrorised your kids (if only by them seeing a total stranger in their house)?

I've been burgled a couple of times, once whilst uninsured, although I wasn't in at the time. Yeah, it's not the nicest thing to happen but there's no point dwelling on it. I wouldn't allow my kids to be terrorised by it, that's just silly.

Yeah you're right on reflection, I didn't really think that one through. It does piss me off though when defence lawyers play the drugs card, because most drug users that I've known (and I've known loads of them) are decent, honest, hardworking folk. When idiots read shit like that report they just lump anything to do with drugs into the same (probably stolen) boat.

Yeah you're right on reflection, I didn't really think that one through. It does piss me off though when defence lawyers play the drugs card, because most drug users that I've known (and I've known loads of them) are decent, honest, hardworking folk. When idiots read shit like that report they just lump anything to do with drugs into the same (probably stolen) boat.

You're not wrong either with the above. Lawyers spout shit to try and justify or mitigate their clients actions, tgats their job, to act in their clients interests. Ive known a few drug users. Many are ok people diamonds in the rough, heart of gold types, just wont play by the rules so get nicked and it hangs with you. I guess if we went down the route of you are allowed a couple of weed plants of your own for your own use only then maybe the money doesnt come into it. BUT , without money going to government in some way it wont be a starter.

Archived