The War in Syria - ISIS et al

Chinahand

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parliamentary democracy at close to its best: listen to Hilary Benn

A fantastic speech, cheered by all . Surely must become the next labour leader . What a man/woman . Bonus points for invoking godwins law but the clincher was telling his brother mp's that the drug advice service and helpline thought themselves better than his fellow mp's . Genius . He knew that would fire their egos up

A fantastic speech, cheered by all . Surely must become the next labour leader . What a man/woman . Bonus points for invoking godwins law but the clincher was telling his brother mp's that the drug advice service and helpline thought themselves better than his fellow mp's . Genius . He knew that would fire their egos up

I thought it was great too. I thought Corbin's face was a picture.laugh.png

If you can't tell the difference between a diplomatic solution which doesn't result in massive loss of life and appeasement, you are just as bad as Cameron.

How can you be "diplomatic" with savages?

>How can you be "diplomatic" with savages?

Hilary Benn tried with some effect.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2015/dec/03/hilary-benn-airstrikes-vote-speech-full-must-confront-isis-evil-video

And suggesting those opposing wholesale slaughter of innocents (via collateral damage) are "terrorist sympathisers", has backfired spectacularly.

Not sure who wrote Cameron's speech to that effect, but it was as ill-conceived as it was delivered.

TBT.

I thought it was great too. I thought Corbin's face was a picture.laugh.png

I thought it was a well rehearsed performance from a man who has consistently voted for war , some have described it as "disingenuous bulls**t".

It may have been cheered by many, rather than "all" but not surprising that all those in favour of a 'war' applauded , if only to make the labour leader more uncomfortablewhistling.gif

Archived