The War in Syria - ISIS et al

Chinahand

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just find it a little difficult to understand how bombing Syria is going to stop terrorists already in the west from committing attrocities over here, also why bombing moderates in the West's families back home is not going to radicalise them in some way, but its not really about Syria thommo. Assad not really mentioned yet, he will be soon, then there's the upcoming so good for business arms race with Russia which is also well underway

after seeing all the moral guardians on social media today I'm glad social media , wasn't around in the 40s otherwise we would have welcomed the nazis in and be speaking German now. so many self loathing brits around its sickening.

I cant work out if you are being serious or not.....

It's a perfectly valid point, but some of them are so far gone they can't even see it.

and all our taxis would be mercs..germany , after being nearly totally destroyed in the war have rebuilt themselves into a far better country than those who actually won it. how does that work?

Culture. Also Germany wasn't as destroyed as is often suggested, things got going very quickly due in no small part to Ludwig Erhard's policies.

I just find it a little difficult to understand how bombing Syria is going to stop terrorists already in the west from committing attrocities over here, also why bombing moderates in the West's families back home is not going to radicalise them in some way, but its not really about Syria thommo. Assad not really mentioned yet, he will be soon, then there's the upcoming so good for business arms race with Russia which is also well underway

We're not bombing Syria. There is no longer a distinction between Syria and Iraq due to the border disappearing in chaos. We're targetting ISIS. Assad is, to my knowledge, not going to be a target of this stage of bombings. It is specifically directed at ISIS. As Hilary Benn said, this has been effective in helping the regional players to keep ISIS from taking over further areas. Bombing ISIS won't stop terrorists already in the west. It is to stop them terrorising the people of Iraq and Syria. Who said anything about bombing moderates? ISIS are not moderates. Nobody is talking about randombly bombing places in Syria. It's going to be coordinated against ISIS. If anyone was going to be radicalised, more bombing is not going to add to anything. The radicalisation has been going on for decades thanks to Saudi Arabia exporting Wahabiism and would happen with or without bombing. Wahabiism is not a reaction to western involvement in the middle east. It goes back further than that. Also keep in mind that their number one agenda is to terrorise ordinary Muslims in the region. This isn't all about Britain and protecting British people, it's about our international obligation to stand up against the evil being inflicted on ordinary Muslims and Christians in the region who are being terrorised by these thugs.

Archived