The War in Syria - ISIS et al

Chinahand

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh goodness, Gerrydandridge and his demon haunted world. Credulous, superstitious and looking for numerology and hidden signs to tell him when the world is going to end.

Gerry, when you look at the history of the world what do you see? I'm talking about really big picture sort of stuff - Ancient Egyptian civilisation, Minoan, Greek, Alexander the Great, Roman, the rise of Christianity into and out of the Dark Ages (ok early Medieval period), Feudalism, the Black Death, the Renaissance, the Reformation, the Enlightenment, Colonialism, the World Wars, decolonisation, globablisation. That, obviously, is a hugely Euro-centric mix, a Chinese one would be something like - Foundations, Warring states, Qin victory and the first Emperor, Han consolidation, Nomad encroachment and internal collapse, revival and Tang glory, southern migration northern weakness, Mongol dominance, Ming isolation, Qing invasion and expansion, Qing Decline, colonisation and the century of humiliation ending in Nationalism, civil war, communism, chaos and then reform, opening up and economic revival; you could do something similar with India, the Middle East, various parts of Africa, South America etc.

Gerry, when you look at these things - what do you make of it ... do you see some plot with secret symbols planted to give hints? Oh look Fox is the number of the Beast, it is the End Times as foretold, the stock market is going to collapse in October 2015 (opps ... well erm ... the end is nigh).

Look at the events, dear boy, events.

They happen all the time.

What makes you think now makes for some special Demon haunted highlight compared to any other of the thousands of crises, wars, manias, panics, crashes and incidents the world has seen over historical time.

You lot have been shivering about the end of the world for millennia now ... give it up mate, there are better things to do.

Oh goodness, Gerrydandridge and his demon haunted world. Credulous, superstitious and looking for numerology and hidden signs to tell him when the world is going to end.

Gerry, when you look at the history of the world what do you see? I'm talking about really big picture sort of stuff - Ancient Egyptian civilisation, Minoan, Greek, Alexander the Great, Roman, the rise of Christianity into and out of the Dark Ages (ok early Medieval period), Feudalism, the Black Death, the Renaissance, the Reformation, the Enlightenment, Colonialism, the World Wars, decolonisation, globablisation. That, obviously, is a hugely Euro-centric mix, a Chinese one would be something like - Foundations, Warring states, Qin victory and the first Emperor, Han consolidation, Nomad encroachment and internal collapse, revival and Tang glory, southern migration northern weakness, Mongol dominance, Ming isolation, Qing invasion and expansion, Qing Decline, colonisation and the century of humiliation ending in Nationalism, civil war, communism, chaos and then reform, opening up and economic revival; you could do something similar with India, the Middle East, various parts of Africa, South America etc.

I will keep it Temporal for fear of losing credibility (LOL). nor do i intend to send your thread off in another direction. But for some time now I have had a new thread in mind that I cannot decide on how to start it off, without causing offence to the conditioned among us.

I see a very worrying global situation, that seems to have been prophesied many years ago and unlike the psychopathic leaderships of the past, this new lot apparently have some nasty toys at hand that the others did not possess in our apparent history.. However I don't think it will be the end of the world for all of us as there are many reasons to believe that the nuclear bomb is in fact a psychological weapon and in reality such a weapon does not exist outside of our minds. Lets hope so anyway. The 2 dropped on Japan appear to be fake and these Japanese cities where the buildings were mainly made from paper and wood were simply fire bombed and the media propaganda filled the gap.

End of the world No, but standing on something sinking is probably very apt indeed.

BTW: The people that are wrongly labeled as "Elite" are very much into Symbology and Numerology, its in all of their writings, and as a recent example catch the head of the IMFs speech last year (below), very thought provoking indeed..what was that all about?..... "As you can tell I do as I am told", Yes I believe she and the others certainly do, do as they are told, this is the head of the IMF she then goes on about numerology.....

By watching that rubbish you are placing your mind into the hands of the social engineers

Faux news...F=6...O=15... X=24....can't do it with any other word.

Mushroom season is over.

I know I'll regret asking but my curiosity is getting the better of me. Please can you explain the significance of F=6, O=15 and X=24?

Thanks

erm that probably isn't clear.

F = 6th number of the alphabet

0 = 15th letter of the alphabet 1+5 = 6

X = 24th number of the alphabet 2+4 = 6

Hence Fox = 666 a rather notorious number

I think people come up with this conspiracy stuff and put it out there to see how many absolute tits take it up and run with it. Answer: A lot.

Cameron's claim (which he's sticking by), that there is an ''army'' of 70,000 opposing ISIS, is just farcical and how he's not been pilloried relentlessly over this appalling gaffe, is beyond me. He's making it sound as if there really is a trained and forthright army of opposition ready to go to war, supported by the coalition, suggesting they'll do the ground war in place of the West. Some hope. Scattered groups of tribal and sectarian terrorist's, with paper-thin loyalties, without an overall command structure with loads of bullets and RPG's. A bit like Iraq, but they're in government there.

Errr you don't suppose Cameron not being pissed on from a great height about this "70,000 strong force" has anything to do with the fact that the vast majority of the UK press are rabidly right-wing?

Sure it was a particularly crass remark but you can see the reasoning. Moving into Syria is clearly mission creep and everyone knows the endgame can only be brought about by boots on the ground. Despite how proud some UK parents are of their youngsters serving in the forces the last thing they want to think about is the chance they may end up being burnt alive in a cage. But don't worry. According to Cameron it won't come to that. There's plenty of cannon fodder already in situ ready to do it for them.

Some great quotes in today's PE:

Obama - "I'm having Turkey for Christmas Dinner"

Cameron - "I'm having Turkey for Christmas Dinner"

Putin - "I'm having Turkey for breakfast..."

I see Syrian rebels / freedom fighters / whatever have given up Homs. I wonder if Russian air power had anything to do with it...?

Archived