The War in Syria - ISIS et al

Chinahand

For me this is a lot to do with “events, dear boy, events”. 

My understanding is pretty clear that the US and the West have had very little appetite for putting squaddies lives at risk in Syria. 

Trump wanted out. He’d tweeted that he was ready to withdraw. Assad has been victorious via his bomb and starve campaigns. 

Assad has a with-us-or-terrorist mindset where terrorists are cockroaches to be squashed. 

Why use gas now?  Why not use gas now?  He’s used it multiple times since “disarming”, has been protected by Russian vetoes time and time again and Trump is tweeting he’s leaving. 

Assad is out to totally break all opposition to him. 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2017/11/syria-surrender-or-starve-strategy-displacing-thousands-amounts-to-crimes-against-humanity/

Anyone who disagrees with him is a terrorist to be killed. 

Gassing the last holdouts isn’t something so beyond the pale in this conflict. It is business as usual. 

Pity the people of Syria. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mad,mad corrupt bastards, if the yanks hadn't armed ISIS in the first place  Assad would have finished this conflict years ago !

14 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

............and the Bushmen of the Kalahari and the Australian Aborigonals and the Zulus and the............. although I take your point that the current crop of Islamists haven't been able to follow that course even though they may be achieving that outcome by stealth and infiltration..........

The Dutch were responsible for many massacres in ZA.

10 hours ago, Chinahand said:

For me this is a lot to do with “events, dear boy, events”. 

My understanding is pretty clear that the US and the West have had very little appetite for putting squaddies lives at risk in Syria. 

Trump wanted out. He’d tweeted that he was ready to withdraw. Assad has been victorious via his bomb and starve campaigns. 

Assad has a with-us-or-terrorist mindset where terrorists are cockroaches to be squashed. 

Why use gas now?  Why not use gas now?  He’s used it multiple times since “disarming”, has been protected by Russian vetoes time and time again and Trump is tweeting he’s leaving. 

Assad is out to totally break all opposition to him. 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2017/11/syria-surrender-or-starve-strategy-displacing-thousands-amounts-to-crimes-against-humanity/

Anyone who disagrees with him is a terrorist to be killed. 

Gassing the last holdouts isn’t something so beyond the pale in this conflict. It is business as usual. 

Pity the people of Syria. 

Pity the people of Syria as it is being constantly attacked by Islamist terrorists.

Archived