The War in Syria - ISIS et al

Chinahand

4 hours ago, Chinahand said:

But that isn’t happening. There is simply no desire from the West to become drawn in beyond bombing ISIS with a clear demarcation between Russian/Assad forces and the Kurds. 

Assad has used chemical weapons multiple times and now has an empty chemistry institute and a few warehouses have been blown up after a helpful call between the yanks and Russia to ensure no Russians are anywhere near it. 

This is a proxy war. No way will Trump put boots on the ground. 

Russia has and will remain king maker in this nasty little conflict. 

Now if Saudi had joined in in the Chemical Institute rocketing that would have been interesting, but at the moment Assad, Iran and Putin are still very much in the driving seat and the West all of a dither over how to strategically and tactically advance their cause, if they even know what it is. 

Israel must be singularly pissed off with such drift as it watches Iran and Hezbollah mount brigade level actions. 

Mission accomplished my arse. Trump channels the worst Bush bullshit. 

This conflict will fester for a long time yet. 

100%  hardly anybody has mentioned the Israelis part in this!  They currently have a country that has repeatedly stated it's intention to wipe them of the face of the earth inside Syria and right next door to them  ,they aren't going to like that one little bit !

Would they be capable of stirring the pot I wonder ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, homarus said:

100%  hardly anybody has mentioned the Israelis part in this!  They currently have a country that has repeatedly stated it's intention to wipe them of the face of the earth inside Syria and right next door to them  ,they aren't going to like that one little bit !

Would they be capable of stirring the pot I wonder ?

Unlikely, but very capable of turning the pot into alamogordo glass if push aver came to shove.

15 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Have the rebels got helicopters then?

The SOB's certainly have quadrocopters (drones).

And they're not rebels, their islamic terrorists who want to overthrow the legitimate government.

It must be so easy to have just two pigeon-holes (what-I-like & totally-beyond-the-pale) and squeeze every situation no matter how complex into them, but reality is a lot more nuanced than that. 

Not everyone who has taken up arms against Assad is an Islamic terrorist. 

5 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

How can the oscar winning white helmets spend most of their time in terrorist controlled areas without appearing on a video having their heads chopped of. I doubt dame helen mirren would get away with it.

You really don’t like the White Helmets do you Stinky. 

What turned them in to the bogey man for you?

You do get that they mostly work in areas which aren’t controlled by Assad because those are the areas under aerial and artillery bombardment. 

1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

It must be so easy to have just two pigeon-holes (what-I-like & totally-beyond-the-pale) and squeeze every situation no matter how complex into them, but reality is a lot more nuanced than that. 

Not everyone who has taken up arms against Assad is an Islamic terrorist. 

Yes they are, and if there are a few who are not the number is so small as to be ignored.

59 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

You really don’t like the White Helmets do you Stinky. 

What turned them in to the bogey man for you?

You do get that they mostly work in areas which aren’t controlled by Assad because those are the areas under aerial and artillery bombardment. 

White Helmet in front of camera, Isis all other times.

That apart there is so many cases where the White Helmet propaganda-meisters have been proven to be just that as to totally devalue anything that involves them as a source.

18 minutes ago, manxb&b said:

Rule Britannia

Britannia waives the rules!

the chemical weapons convention to which britain is a signatory, prohibits the use of such munitions and permits and supports international military action.......

#tryagain

22 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the chemical weapons convention to which britain is a signatory, prohibits the use of such munitions and permits and supports international military action.......

#tryagain

Yeah, if you believe a word TM and DT say and I don't. (Saddam's WMD's ring any bells)

Archived