– "I’m elite, it’s all mine."

I pulled up to the White House at 7 or 8
And I yelled at the driver, "Go home, migrant labor."
I looked at my kingdom
With the world in despair
To sit on my throne as the Prick with the hair

• Like 1

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 6h
Peaceful protests are a hallmark of our democracy. Even if I don't always agree, I recognize the rights of people to express their views.

Actually agree completely on this.
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 7h7 hours ago
Watched protests yesterday but was under the impression that we just had an election! Why didn't these people vote? Celebs hurt cause badly.

Also agree on this, virtually all celebs are very anti Trump.

Peaceful protests are a hallmark of our democracy. Even if I don't always agree, I recognize the rights of people to express their views.

Watched protests yesterday but was under the impression that we just had an election! Why didn't these people vote? Celebs hurt cause badly.

Quite.

If I understand correctly most of the participants of the organised marches were women. The choice of Madonna as one of the speakers, to me at least, was not an inspired one.

This is a person who has consistently sexualised pop music videos (watched by all generations but especially the young) by appearing semi-naked, hip thrusting and gyrating around a stage/in front of a camera in a provocative manner (I wont' call it dancing). If you want to be seen as an object of sexual desire (in order to sell your wares) then don't be surprised if some men make comments that you would regard as be derogatory 'after the event'.

• Like 1

Quite.

If I understand correctly most of the participants of the organised marches were women. The choice of Madonna as one of the speakers, to me at least, was not an inspired one.

This is a person who has consistently sexualised pop music videos (watched by all generations but especially the young) by appearing semi-naked, hip thrusting and gyrating around a stage/in front of a camera in a provocative manner (I wont' call it dancing). If you want to be seen as an object of sexual desire (in order to sell your wares) then don't be surprised if some men make comments that you would regard as be derogatory 'after the event'.

"Its not rape if she dressed like she wanted it"

My god man.

• Like 1

Quite.

"Its not rape if she dressed like she wanted it"

My god man.

You're missing the point.

Your point being?

That she was hardly a good choice to be making such a speech seeing as she's somewhere around the female equivalent of The Donald when it comes to the commercial exploitation of sexuality.

(Well that was an obvious point, not necessarily the same nuance as Andy's)

Edited by woolley

His Twitter feed has gone a fair bit as he settles in, nothing of interest to note there today, just a meeting with executives from business.

One thing Trump definitely understands is business and bankruptcy I guess, which is a big change from career politicians. Still not sold on the fella but at least he's got that behind him.

• Like 1

She is a powerful and successful woman, who does not require a man to validate her existence.

While she may trade on her sexual nature (unlike claiming to grab women's "pussys"), she is nothing like Trump

Out of the same stable.... the offer's there for all to see. He just happens pick up on it (pussy grabbing or not).

Causality.

• Like 2