Donald Trump

cropduster

12 minutes ago, Tarne said:

It's just a big fucking joke, what a mess. On one hand nobody is going to start shit with the US unless they're a nutter which I guess is a good side effect but jesus wept... 

How Congress is taking back power from Trump on national security

Well worth a read.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarne said:

http://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-offers-to-help-terminally-ill-toddler-charlie-gard-10935478

Hahaha, sneaky one Donald! Come on, the baby needs to die now, all those limited resources that have been spunked away on a futile effort that could have gone to use helping cases that can be helped. 

Not a very nice post Tarne .

However bit rich  coming from someone who claims to have chosen to live off the charity of the states limited resources .

Those limited resources could have gone to "helping cases " rather than perhaps yourself  who has made living of the state a"lifestyle choice" . :flowers:

You could fund my lifestyle and ten others for decades (Which I won't be on for decades as I just need another year for reasons) with what's gone on an utterly futile case. Or helped actual sick but curable people who may have died because doctors and nurses have been wrapped up in this travesty of a case. Someone has to make the hard calls, and in this case it's failed to be done in an orderly manner. 

10 hours ago, Tarne said:

You could fund my lifestyle and ten others for decades (Which I won't be on for decades as I just need another year for reasons) with what's gone on an utterly futile case. Or helped actual sick but curable people who may have died because doctors and nurses have been wrapped up in this travesty of a case. Someone has to make the hard calls, and in this case it's failed to be done in an orderly manner. 

Sounds like an easy choice to make from your fake armchair, in your fake council house and living off your fake dole money.

• Like 1

I'm sat in my dressing gown, with a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, and tormenting you. It kills you doesn't it? :) 

On the back on topic thread, NK have tested an ICBM (supposedly, probably just a normal intermediate missile but they're claiming is an ICBM) and Trump is doing nothing about it but putting the onus on SK, Nippon and Ming 

North Korea has just launched another missile. Does this guy have anything better to do with his life? Hard to believe that South Korea..... (+tweet) ....and Japan will put up with this much longer. Perhaps China will put a heavy move on North Korea and end this nonsense once and for all!

Yawn, boring! Come on Trump, do something worthy of the stick you've gotten from the supposed Fake News channels! 

He'll go Albert. Before anything really serious happens, the Yanks will realise their folly after giving him enough rope. Or he'll have his own grassy knoll moment, which looks more likely.

Then there's Pence... 

1 minute ago, quilp said:

He'll go Albert. Before anything really serious happens, the Yanks will realise their folly after giving him enough rope. Or he'll have his own grassy knoll moment, which looks more likely.

Then there's Pence... 

Pence is actually running the show.

But it's easy to see what has happened and it is an object lesson in the power of the establishment above the executive. He's upset so many of them on the way up that they have simply closed ranks and used all of the levers of state and the media who are willing participants against him. The Russia thing is 90% made up bullshit but they have pushed it to the limit and the off the wall stuff he tweets to the exclusion of anything he might try to do simply to thwart him. Sure it would be a good thing to get on better with Russia, but they can't have that because there's no profit in it.

Do you think it would have been possible to have made a figure of fun out of George W Bush? Out of Jimmy Carter? Out of Ronald Reagan? Out of Clinton with Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office? Of course it would. Did they do it? No. Because they weren't playing to their own agenda of animosity towards the outsider.

Blimey. That's a bit long Porky, and seeing the protagonists involved I am not hopeful that it would shed more light than heat - as do most works on the subject which was exactly what I was alluding to in the first place.

I did look for reviews on the piece, and it appears that contributors from all sides of the argument seem to be agreed that if you know the subject you won't get anything new from Harris/Applebaum). Was there anything specific that you can share with us that says Trump is working with Russia? Because I for one think that my 90% bullshit was actually a gross underestimate.

There's certainly no hard evidence exposed.  Sam Harris is very anti Trump, for a lot of reasons, but he invited her to talk because A) she's essentially right wing / republican so doesn't share the same biases, and B) she has covered Russian political involvement in Europe for decades and thus was able to identify the tell tale signs very early on in the Trump campaign.  E.g. "Obama is the founder of ISIS" - something that was spread in the Russian media months before Trump made the ridiculous statement in a rally.  The entire campaign followed the blueprint of the Putin backed campaign in the Ukraine.  There's a very obvious connection, but necessarily an illegal one.