Donald Trump

cropduster

And white people can be just as evil too.

I don't think the race of the people involved is particularly relevant to whether they commit evil or not.

Are people claiming there is something intrinsic about a black person which makes their skin colour relevant when they commit evil?

Jesus wept, people can be evil - the colour of their skin doesn't tell you anything useful in helping to quantify the immorality they have committed.

And white people can be just as evil too.

I don't think the race of the people involved is particularly relevant to whether they commit evil or not.

Are people claiming there is something intrinsic about a black person which makes their skin colour relevant when they commit evil?

Jesus wept, people can be evil - the colour of their skin doesn't tell you anything useful in helping to quantify the immorality they have committed.

I kind of already said that...

I haven't looked at it for a while. But the Christian Science Monitor is often very good. That might seem surprising.

Very oddly their science reporting is often excellent, as are their quizzes generally.

This discussion prompted me to have a quick look at their about page in which they address the relationship between the CSM which is secular vs the beliefs of the church which owns it.

Separately @Chinahand - the shape of the arguments around the way in which expert opinion is routinely dismissed by the populists is definitely causing me to re-think the way in which I have been thinking about climate change.

Edited by pongo

Re: Tarne and black people can be evil.

I think he was heavily into irony there rather than making an assertion of fact as some of you have taken it. No doubt we all know that anyone can be evil to such an extent that it hardly needs saying. The point is that "racism" is reported almost exclusively as a white disease when it is anything but.

• Like 1

The point is that "racism" is reported almost exclusively as a white disease when it is anything but.

The point is that the economic and social impact of racism disproportionately affects non-white people. Most expressions of racism are casual, implicit and insidious.

This, by contrast, is a story about exceptional behaviour - awful, thuggish, idiotic. It's not typical.

• Like 1

I think he was heavily into irony there rather than making an assertion of fact as some of you have taken it. No doubt we all know that anyone can be evil to such an extent that it hardly needs saying. The point is that "racism" is reported almost exclusively as a white disease when it is anything but.

Considering Tarne and his previous use of the term "spacker" or what ever term he used, and his parroting of yours and quilp right wing nonsense, I don't think Tarne is capable of satirical or intentional irony.

Considering Tarne and his previous use of the term "spacker" or what ever term he used, and his parroting of yours and quilp right wing nonsense, I don't think Tarne is capable of satirical or intentional irony.

lol , that's the spirit , keep putting the world straight

• Like 1

Getting back on topic (No need to defend me from R-man's views, I just ignore him)

So, Trump's latest Tweets today.

It's like his tweets are written by a slow child. I mean, I'm pretty damn right wing and even I think he's a mong.

"The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!"
"Wow, the ratings are in and Arnold Schwarzenegger got "swamped" (or destroyed) by comparison to the ratings machine, DJT. So much for being a movie star-and that was season 1 compared to season 14. Now compare him to my season 1. But who cares, he supported Kasich & Hillary"