Donald Trump

cropduster

4 hours ago, Tarne said:

They haven't started the wall Woody. They've started prototypes of a border wall.

which is part of the project, so they have started:D when i was in the usa a couple of months ago, i didn't hear one person say that they are unhappy with trump, make you wonder how the left wing union run bbc manage to find so many that state different for interviews.... 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, woody2 said:

which is part of the project, so they have started:D when i was in the usa a couple of months ago, i didn't hear one person say that they are unhappy with trump, make you wonder how the left wing union run bbc manage to find so many that state different for interviews.... 

I suppose which part of the US you went to...and the average IQ of the people you were associating with...

I've enjoyed the power of H.L. Mencken's pen for many a year.

He was one huge cynic when it came to politics, writing amongst other things:

That "Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." and "A politician is an animal which can sit on a fence and yet keep both ears to the ground."

He also wrote: 

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

But until tonight I hadn't read this little gem:

As democracy is perfected, the office of the president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

More here.

Though in all honesty I don't think Trump is necessarily a moron ... he's a thug, a narcissist, and a political bruiser, but I hope he's actually able to achieve something in office ... we'll see, but Mr Mencken made me smile tonight, so I thought I'd pass it on.

Edited by Chinahand