Donald Trump

cropduster

4 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Lol, are you woody2's groupie, you're always there liking and giggling like a teenage girl at his post :cool:

It's because I like the cut of his jib ;) And he's funnier than you, who bites every time. If you were as humorous I'd be liking you too. Alas, you're not. As it is, it's none if your business who I like. Hau ab... 

Just now, quilp said:

It's because I like the cut of his jib ;) And he's funnier than you, who bites every time. If you were as humorous I'd be liking you too. Alas, you're not. As it is, it's none if your business who I like. Hau ab... 

Whatever floats your boat, crack on. It's not my place to tell anyone who to like or not like.

6 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Whatever floats your boat, crack on. It's not my place to tell anyone who to like or not like.

And one other thing, I might find someone's post humorous, even if I don't 'agree' with it. It's the retorts and dry one-liners I appreciate.

Does humour belong in ManxForums..? 

He's still wittering on about Hillary... 

kUuht00m_bigger.jpgDonald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
Crooked Hillary Clinton is the worst (and biggest) loser of all time. She just can’t stop, which is so good for the Republican Party. Hillary, get on with your life and give it another try in three years!
5:31 AM - 18 Nov 2017

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:09 PM, Tarne said:

He's still wittering on about Hillary... 

kUuht00m_bigger.jpgDonald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
Crooked Hillary Clinton is the worst (and biggest) loser of all time. She just can’t stop, which is so good for the Republican Party. Hillary, get on with your life and give it another try in three years!
5:31 AM - 18 Nov 2017

The guy is facing impeachment...he will do anything (i.e. blurt anything out on Twitter) to try and distract from that.

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:20 AM, mojomonkey said:

It's like talking with a four year old. Are you truly incapable of normal discussion (accepting some points, disagreeing with other points, picking up in things, letting some things go, etc.). So you honestly believe no one has made sexual allegations of any kind towards Trump, is everything on the internet that doesn't fit your own personal agenda simply fake, that has to be an odd way to view the world.

I'm happy to discuss things like an adult if you wish, the odd light hearted quip aside. Being called names by someone I don't know on an anonymous forum doesn't bother me in the slightest and I presume you can't really be getting a kick from it. Truce ( for want of a better word)?

•  

I read this article this morning and for some reason I immediately thought of Woody2. This line especially caught by eye "That means relentlessly attacking the opposing camp and refusing to budge from our opinions in the face of inconvenient truths".

I could have posted have this just as easily in the Brexit is reversible thread or a couple of other threads and why I am sure those with the opposite view to Woody2 I am sure can be equally polarised in their opinion and unwilling to discuss or post truthfully unfortunately I find him by far the worst offender which is disappointing because it stops any sensible discussion between those with different views. 

On 17/11/2017 at 9:38 AM, woody2 said:

until someone takes him to court and wins it doesn't matter...

On 17/11/2017 at 9:44 AM, mojomonkey said:

I partly agree, innocent until proven guilty should still mean something. Sadly, I feel that is less and less so these days and particularly so with allegations of a sexual nature.

Going back to my original point the guy Trump is tweeting about has not been found guilty of anything. In that sense the relevance and status of his allegations are the same as Trump's. All I'm saying you'd think Trump would not be so quick to shout out about these sort of allegations, I still find it truly amazing that I one seems to advise him on his tweeting. But again I find it incredible that a major would leader uses Twitter as a legitimate place for making statements.

21 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

I read this article this morning and for some reason I immediately thought of Woody2. This line especially caught by eye "That means relentlessly attacking the opposing camp and refusing to budge from our opinions in the face of inconvenient truths".

I could have posted have this just as easily in the Brexit is reversible thread or a couple of other threads and why I am sure those with the opposite view to Woody2 I am sure can be equally polarised in their opinion and unwilling to discuss or post truthfully unfortunately I find him by far the worst offender which is disappointing because it stops any sensible discussion between those with different views. 

if you read all the post you will see we agreed in the end:rolleyes:

bit of baiting going on by LL rather than discussing the subject.....

13 minutes ago, woody2 said:

if you read all the post you will see we agreed in the end:rolleyes:

bit of baiting going on by LL rather than discussing the subject.....

Partly but I do think that the article is very interesting and demonstrates the polarisation of views that we are seeing these days whereby it would appear for some nothing will change their minds. I am not comparing you to Roy Moore but it is scary these days that  some in America would vote and accept that a Republican paedophile is better than any Democrat and that no matter what the evidence, science or facts people are prepared to ignore if it does not meet their beliefs. I merely chose you as you are the nearest we have on these boards to that. I expect you view that as a compliment. 

11 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Partly but I do think that the article is very interesting and demonstrates the polarisation of views that we are seeing these days whereby it would appear for some nothing will change their minds. I am not comparing you to Roy Moore but it is scary these days that  some in America would vote and accept that a Republican paedophile is better than any Democrat and that no matter what the evidence, science or facts people are prepared to ignore if it does not meet their beliefs. I merely chose you as you are the nearest we have on these boards to that. I expect you view that as a compliment. 

no, it just highlights how little you know about me:rolleyes: as for the paedophile comment= very sick trolling......

17 minutes ago, woody2 said:

no, it just highlights how little you know about me:rolleyes: as for the paedophile comment= very sick trolling......

Sorry I should have put that in quotes as it is taken directly from the article. I don't care whether Roy Moore is a democrat or a republican or if he were labour, liberal or tory but I find it deeply concerning that people accept that that the stories are true but are still prepared to support such an individual. It is that sort of turning a blind eye that has let many of the abusers get away with things for years and I find that appalling. I accept there will always be a certain amount of polarisation but is seems to be getting worse. I hate to bring in Brexit here but in the UK referendum and subsequently many of both sides seemed to be very guilty of this and it was difficult to get an informed debate. Similarly with Trump, you have the entrenched views of him at either end and all Trump seems to be bothered about is reinforcing those opinions rather at least trying to bring people together. I worry where this will end up as it seems a recipe for civil unrest in the long term

1 hour ago, Lost Login said:

Sorry I should have put that in quotes as it is taken directly from the article. I don't care whether Roy Moore is a democrat or a republican or if he were labour, liberal or tory but I find it deeply concerning that people accept that that the stories are true but are still prepared to support such an individual. It is that sort of turning a blind eye that has let many of the abusers get away with things for years and I find that appalling. I accept there will always be a certain amount of polarisation but is seems to be getting worse. I hate to bring in Brexit here but in the UK referendum and subsequently many of both sides seemed to be very guilty of this and it was difficult to get an informed debate. Similarly with Trump, you have the entrenched views of him at either end and all Trump seems to be bothered about is reinforcing those opinions rather at least trying to bring people together. I worry where this will end up as it seems a recipe for civil unrest in the long term

here you go again making stuff up:rolleyes: i think trump is a utter joke......