Donald Trump

cropduster

Somehow, I also see him more likely to kill, or severely injur one of his core supporters than take on an opponent, and he’d then leave them without healthcare, but probably promise some kind of help that he will never deliver, oh, and his ‘thoughts and prayers’. 

21 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Somehow, I also see him more likely to kill, or severely injur one of his core supporters than take on an opponent, and he’d then leave them without healthcare, but probably promise some kind of help that he will never deliver, oh, and his ‘thoughts and prayers’. 

which is why i said- well maybe 1 vote........

analogy.jpg

Maybe this needs a new thread, but how the US deals with immigration - both legal and illegal - and those seeking asylum will be a defining issue of our time. 

The US isn’t facing the refugee waves from a societal collapse like Syria, but just as dysfunction and poverty are creating criminal incentives to smuggle desperate people into Europe, so the mafia and drugs culture in Central America coupled with political and economic stagnation is creating incentives to take people North of the Rio Grande. 

Asylum seeker, refugee, economic migrant: the terms are merged together and the different political camps are staking out very different positions on how to think of the people crossing the border. 

The US is a migrant nation but I wonder if a more gut and instinctual argument that you can’t simply open borders might still have more traction in the battleground states. 

Trump thinks so, even if the result are policies touching upon the inhumane.

3 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Trump is now proposing ditching the WTO and imposing tarrifs as he sees fit, via a Fair And Reciprocal Trade Act, or Fart Act. Many are afraid he’ll actually follow through with it. 

same as the eu then........

In some ways, Trump reminds me of Katey Hopkins...

She was used by the various media outlets that booked her as a social barometer of what they could get away with.

Every so often she would blurt out something horridly racist, classist, homophobic or similar, test the waters to see how choppy it got and then reappear a few weeks later to do the same.

Trump took it to a whole new level when he ran for office.  Every week was a new level of fuck wittery, wait to see how many Americans were still whooping "lock her up" and then up the fuck wittery the next week.

Most right thinking people balked when said something about shooting someone in Time Square and not loosing any votes.  Now I believe he actually might try it.

56 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

In some ways, Trump reminds me of Katey Hopkins...

She was used by the various media outlets that booked her as a social barometer of what they could get away with.

Every so often she would blurt out something horridly racist, classist, homophobic or similar, test the waters to see how choppy it got and then reappear a few weeks later to do the same.

Trump took it to a whole new level when he ran for office.  Every week was a new level of fuck wittery, wait to see how many Americans were still whooping "lock her up" and then up the fuck wittery the next week.

Most right thinking people balked when said something about shooting someone in Time Square and not loosing any votes.  Now I believe he actually might try it.

I've not been in this thread for about a month and I come back and see you still bleating about him. Do you not get bored? 

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, Chinahand said:

analogy.jpg

Maybe this needs a new thread, but how the US deals with immigration - both legal and illegal - and those seeking asylum will be a defining issue of our time. 

The US isn’t facing the refugee waves from a societal collapse like Syria, but just as dysfunction and poverty are creating criminal incentives to smuggle desperate people into Europe, so the mafia and drugs culture in Central America coupled with political and economic stagnation is creating incentives to take people North of the Rio Grande. 

Asylum seeker, refugee, economic migrant: the terms are merged together and the different political camps are staking out very different positions on how to think of the people crossing the border. 

The US is a migrant nation but I wonder if a more gut and instinctual argument that you can’t simply open borders might still have more traction in the battleground states. 

Trump thinks so, even if the result are policies touching upon the inhumane.

You mean the continuation of the same policies Obama was using?

12 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

I've not been in this thread for about a month and I come back and see you still bleating about him. Do you not get bored? 

You mean the most divisive President in US history?

The US President that is causing ripples across the entire world with his populist brand of facism?

Stick your head in the sand all you want.

3 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

You mean the most divisive President in US history?

The US President that is causing ripples across the entire world with his populist brand of facism?

Stick your head in the sand all you want.

Of course he's divisive. US society is horribly fractured, he's not the cause he's the effect.

'Populist brand of fascism'? Give us all a break with your sensationalism.