Donald Trump

cropduster

15 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The "islamification of so much of the UK" indeed. Little wonder you can't see why Trump is reviled.

Because of our very low standard and predominantly right wing press the UK population is very ill-informed. Here are some fave misconceptions created by the likes of The Daily Wail:

"Aound a third of people said the government spent more on Jobseeker's Allowance than on pensions. In fact, pensions accounted for 15 times as much as JSA.

"The public estimated that £24 out of every £100 spent on benefits is claimed fraudulently. In fact it was 70 pence.

"Overseas aid accounts for just over one per cent of government spending. Yet a quarter of British people believe it is one of the top three items of public expenditure, ahead of schools and pensions.

"As a nation we think a quarter of the UK population is Muslim (it's five per cent). We think 34 per cent call themselves Christian. (59 per cent). We think 31 per cent are immigrants (13 per cent). We think 30 per cent are black or Asian (eleven percent)."

There's a lot of ignorance out there.

Little wonder Cleese is leaving....

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

15 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

I am sympathetic towards multiculturalism – the idea of society as the interactions within and between both a settled, though nevertheless pluralistic, local heritage and a multiplicity of diasporic groups. This, results in a fluidity, wildness and hybridity within society which dislocates conservative, essentialist ideas of race and culture and rather adds to our understanding of what society is: a dynamic, decentred view of heritage, with its textures of post-modernity, post-colonial politics and globalization. 

Trump is not.

Edited by Rog
I'll have to try again!

Just now, P.K. said:

Hardly "islamification " is it?

Yes it is.  Our society is being swamped by the 

1 minute ago, Chinahand said:

Have I rendered Rog speechless?

No, I'm struggling with a tablet and the editor!

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Hardly "islamification " is it?

Yes it is.  It's not a matter of raw numbers, it's the disproportionate influence that they are having and what they are getting away with. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

I am sympathetic towards multiculturalism – the idea of society as the interactions within and between both a settled, though nevertheless pluralistic, local heritage and a multiplicity of diasporic groups. This, results in a fluidity, wildness and hybridity within society which dislocates conservative, essentialist ideas of race and culture and rather adds to our understanding of what society is: a dynamic, decentred view of heritage, with its textures of post-modernity, post-colonial politics and globalization. 

Trump is not.

Multiculturalism is fundementaly wrong at every level.  A nation can only have one culture, it's part of its national identity, it's heritage, its values, ambitions, and pride.  Subcultures can and will exist but should always be subservient to the national culture, not run in parallel with and be considered equal to the national culture. Ever.

Subcultures obviously will have their own traditions and values but at all times and at all levels the national culture must dominate. In the event of certain aspects of a subculture having value to the national culture then over a period of time that will probably become a part of the national culture which will be all to the good but the principle of having a number of cultures running in parallel on the same bit of land and each being considered to be of equal value one to the other?

Nah.

Quite apart from being fundementaly wrong there will always no end that will want to or need to dominate and if, as is the case now, one is alien to the national culture then that's a recipe for disaster.

For the host nation.

28 minutes ago, Rog said:

Yes it is.  It's not a matter of raw numbers, it's the disproportionate influence that they are having and what they are getting away with. 

Yes it IS a matter of numbers.

At 5% a very small minority. If you think that's "islamification" you need to stop reading The Daily Facist.

1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

Lovely speech. Shame it doesn't work.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, woolley said:

Lovely speech. Shame it doesn't work.

So what is your viable alternative policy?

Not broad priciples like "Stamp out the evil that is racism" or whateve but viable sustainable policies.

What does "it doesn't work" mean?

I've friends and colleagues who are about as multi-cultural as you can get - British, Serbian, Sri Lankan, Indian, Chinese, Persian, German, Dutch, American.

We work together really well.

• Like 3

I've worked in Poland, Spain and Canada, here I've worked with people from South Africa, France, Poland, Latvia, Bhutan, Nepal, Belgium countless others, I once met a girl from Chile who sparkled when she spoke, its a big world out there full of different people. It works for me. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Yes it IS a matter of numbers.

At 5% a very small minority. If you think that's "islamification" you need to stop reading The Daily Facist.

Less than a gramme of even a mild neurotoxin will kill ya.

Same principle.

In addition if that n% were spread homogeneously across England it would be more than bad enough but it's concentrated in what have become colonies.