Donald Trump

cropduster

1 hour ago, woolley said:

You try to engage by pm but my default position nowadays is to decline. It's a public forum and I have no desire to keep up a circular correspondence between the two of us in private. It's the same pattern as normal. You make a bold assertion (5%). I counter it with more detail about distribution and demographics, then you go off at a tangent talking about demonisation etc. because you do not want to address the issue that YOU brought up in the first place. You are quite correct in that replying to you is a total waste of time.

Not an assertion.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-people-muslims-uk-inequality-happiness-ipsos-mori-survey-a7476526.html

You didn't counter it by citing distribution and demographics at all. Or were they just "bold assertions" of yours?

The issue I brought up was directed at our resident racist and the "islamisation" of places.

The common denominator is that they are places with really terrible housing stock. Suitable only for immigrants who are starting from the bottom.  Which is also why the age demographic is relatively young.

It's called management by fact. Should help you formulate your policies to deal with the "fact" (assertion) that multiculturism doesn't work.

ETA - in the top ten NZ list of common surnames seven are English, two are Chinese and one is Punjabi. What's in a name eh? I thought the muslim Mohammed thing was was a particularly naive assertion.

Edited by P.K.

36 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You didn't counter it by citing distribution and demographics at all. Or were they just "bold assertions" of yours?

Yes I did. I gave you figures for areas and then further qualified them by age versus the wider population. Just the facts.

2 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Has anyone actually asked? 

2 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

but did they actually ask for permission to "fly" it?

according to the bbc last night yes......

if not it will be going up over the usa london embassy according to woody*.....

*not me

17 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yes I did. I gave you figures for areas and then further qualified them by age versus the wider population. Just the facts.

And I further quautified them by explaining why.

Now you're armed with more facts such as the true size of the muslim population, why they are concentrated in certain areas and why they are a relatively young population working out a policy to to deal with the assertion fact that multiculturism isn't working in the UK should be easy.

If I may a look at why the population at large can have the numbers so skewed is probably a good idea. In the bbc we are lucky to have the most trusted broadcaster on the planet so this mis-information must be coming from somewhere else. Newsprint perhaps? I suppose it could be a cultural "vestiges of empire" type of thing. You know, a general mistrust of Johnny Foreigner and so forth because in lots of other countries multiculturism enriches their society.

Whatever the reason we need to make multiculturim work for all our sakes....

32 minutes ago, quilp said:

No we don't. Forcing two completely different cultures, who have absolutely nothing in common, to live side by side, is never going to end well. 

So it doesn't work in any other country then?

I beg to differ....

3 hours ago, Rog said:

Rubbish! Islam is absolutely incompatible with our western democracies! To think otherwise means one thing only, that is that one doesn't understand Islam.

You never got over being bullied at primary school and it’s ruined your life. I hate bullies. Your life is proof that a few unkind remarks from children when directed at a particularly delicate and sensitive child can lead A lifetime full of bitterness, misery and fear. Your story should be taught to today’s children to teach them to think twice about calling people mean names. 

• Like 1