Donald Trump

cropduster

27 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Is this your example of a multi-cultural success story P.K. ?

The thing about multicultural success stories, Canada, Australia etc is that you never hear about them! For obvious reasons, they're not news.....

Although it is noticeable that those on here who say multiculturism is doomed to failure, proscribe Islam etc etc are all Brexit supporters.

A pure coincidence of course.....

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

What about your homeland?

In terms of multicultural attempts. There is only one culture in Israel. Judaism, though others are tolerated as long as they remember their place.

14 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The thing about multicultural success stories, Canada, Australia etc is that you never hear about them! For obvious reasons, they're not news.....

Although it is noticeable that those on here who say multiculturism is doomed to failure, proscribe Islam etc etc are all Brexit supporters.

A pure coincidence of course.....

They are also not multicultural nations. 

10 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

How are Canada and Australia multi-cultural success stories ? Not sure that the French separatists and aborigines would share your analysis...

The invisible people are only about 2.5% of the population.

French seperatism may have it's roots in defeat by the British Empire but in the only province involved, Quebec, the seperatists lost the referendum that was over 20 years ago. Dead issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rog said:

They are also not multicultural nations. 

Eh?

Some 10% of the Australian population, proportionately twice as many as the UK's muslims you hate so much, are Sri Lankan, Vietnamese, Chinese, Indian, Filipino etc etc.

Incidentally I think you're getting dangerously close to preaching racial hatred on here.

17 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Eh?

Some 10% of the Australian population, proportionately twice as many as the UK's muslims you hate so much, are Sri Lankan, Vietnamese, Chinese, Indian, Filipino etc etc.

Incidentally I think you're getting dangerously close to preaching racial hatred on here.

The issue is multiculturalism, not race or religion.  Moreover the presence of the forces of Islam in Australia are now creating big time problems and increasingly the Australian public are becoming very --- unsettled.

As for racial hate, how DARE you try to play the race card in this.  

Not only is this not a matter of race but the problem under discussion in essence is can a nation exist while trying to host a number of "cultures" in tandem and being given equal validity and equality one to another in all respects and all things and remain as a viable nation.

Furthermore it's not Muslims that I hate, it's islam that I categorically assert is incompatible with our Western democracies. 

Edited by Rog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, woolley said:

As usual, you look at everything simplistically taking the liberal line from the Guardian or wherever, and then you accuse others of swallowing right wing propaganda. 5% is a headline number, but it is wildly skewed because they are not evenly distributed. Some areas have virtually no Muslim population at all, whereas some localities have virtually nothing else. Bradford as a city has almost 25%, Leicester 20%. Districts can have far, far more. It is where these populations interface with adjoining districts that you have flashpoints and, as the enclaves grow, the skirmishes will become more troublesome, and perhaps those who are blind to the problem now might take more notice. Then again probably not. They will continue writing of how enriching multiculturalism is until the riots pass by their door.

Even this is not the whole story. Consider demographics. Have you wondered why, for 5% of the population, the name Mohammad is so popular for new births? Yes, we know that a high percentage are called Mohammad, indicating a traditional obsession with the faith, but it also reflects the fact that the young Muslim population is storming ahead of all the rest. In 2011, a third of the Muslim population was under 15. That is an astonishing proportion. The equivalent figure for the rest of the population was less than a fifth. 4% of the Muslim population was over 65, only a quarter of the figure for the rest of the population. So let's have it right - 5% from nowhere in 60 years; unevenly distributed - and growing fast.

Woolley - are Bradford and Leicester really such dystopias?

Plus your figures are a bit out: Bradford's 26.8% Asian, while Leicester is 28% Indian.

We've had posts about social collapse - what is the evidence of that in these two cities?

I'm not so panglossian as to claim these are utopias, and definitely social segregation is an issue - I personally despise religious segregation in schooling and think it is vital religious partiality is firmly put secondary over a secular curriculum. 

But come on.  You prime exhibit of the social collapse is Bradford and Leicester?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

Woolley - are Bradford and Leicester really such dystopias?

Plus your figures are a bit out: Bradford's 26.8% Asian, while Leicester is 28% Indian.

We've had posts about social collapse - what is the evidence of that in these two cities?

I'm not so panglossian as to claim these are utopias, and definitely social segregation is an issue - I personally despise religious segregation in schooling and think it is vital religious partiality is firmly put secondary over a secular curriculum. 

But come on.  You prime exhibit of the social collapse is Bradford and Leicester?

My figures are correct. In fact, they are conservative. You are jumping the gun a bit on social collapse. We may well have a future issue there, but I have only posted about the tensions and skirmishes that arise where large concentrations of different ethnic groups interface.

Good luck with putting religious partiality in its place with regard to Muslim schools. It won't happen because of resistance from the Muslims themselves and from the politically correct liberals.

• Like 1