Donald Trump

cropduster

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

I get that these ceremonial things are a tad archiac and ultimately pointless but surely some Whitehouse flunky must have told him what he needed to do for two minutes to avoid looking like an imbecile.

Melania tends to do that. Sometimes he takes notice, sometimes he doesn't.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I wouldn’t be to sure if the ECJ controlled treaties or not, but if there’s no need for me to check now. If Woody says the ECJ doesn’t control treaties, then it does. He also thinks there are multiple ECJs, so I now also know there is only one. 

#youthicko:rolleyes:

now wto-how come the usa is still trading- you say its impossible......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woody2 said:

#youthicko:rolleyes:

now wto-how come the usa is still trading- you say its impossible......

It looks to me that several posters on here, and extreme Brexiteers and anti Muslim, pro Tommy supporters generally, may suffer from cognitive dissonance.

It’s not a question of being a Gammon, it’s a psychological illness where people hold a core belief that is very strong.

When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, that feeling iscalled cognitive dissonance.

And because it is so important to protect their core belief, they will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief. Bit like fundamental religion, really.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It looks to me that several posters on here, and extreme Brexiteers and anti Muslim, pro Tommy supporters generally, may suffer from cognitive dissonance.

It’s not a question of being a Gammon, it’s a psychological illness where people hold a core belief that is very strong.

When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, that feeling iscalled cognitive dissonance.

And because it is so important to protect their core belief, they will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief. Bit like fundamental religion, really.

Time you went to Specsavers.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, John Wright said:

are you saying the ecj control treaties.....

you can't be that thick......

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

That works both ways in precise mirror image. Which end of the spectrum houses the "core belief" is irrelevant. The further away from fulcrum you are to either side, the less visible or meaningful is any reasoning on the opposite side.

• Thanks 1