Donald Trump

cropduster

http://thedailybanter.com/2017/01/republicans-evade-ethics-investigations-trump-cabinet/

Republicans Are Deliberately Evading Ethics Investigations Into Trump's Historically Corrupt Cabinet Picks
'This will be corruption on a level never seen before in America'.

'Gladiator'

Gracchus:
Fear and wonder, a powerful combination.

Falco:
You really think people are going to be seduced by that?

Gracchus:
I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it.

• Like 1

I think the allegation is that 'reportedly' the briefing by US Security services last week referred to the compromising information the Russians hold on Trump. The US allegedly know this through covert human intelligence, rather than through hacking. I guess it all hinges on whether the 'report' can be verified as true. Please let it be true!

Trump is issuing his usual 'fake news' tweets but he has so over used that phrase it is losing effectiveness, I feel. I suppose he can't really say that US Democracy must not be controlled by Russia, as that could be read as a tacit acceptance that they had something on him.

Perhaps the most interesting revelation last night was in the detail - ie that the FBI applied for a warrant to 'wiretap' the Trump team as part of an investigation into Russian influence. It brings into focus Trump's entire approach to Putin - for example the way in which he apparently intervened to change Republican policy with respect to Russian aggression in Ukraine.

Let's see his latest:

1. Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?

9,301 replies5,039 retweets12,469 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. I win an election easily, a great "movement" is verified, and crooked opponents try to belittle our victory with FAKE NEWS. A sorry state!

5,398 replies4,794 retweets14,182 likes
    Retweet
    More
  3. Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!

8,104 replies5,757 retweets15,376 likes
    Retweet
    More
  4. Russia just said the unverified report paid for by political opponents is "A COMPLETE AND TOTAL FABRICATION, UTTER NONSENSE." Very unfair!

It's like a kid throwing a tantrum and he doesn't know why he's mad.