Donald Trump

cropduster

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49187126

"US President Donald Trump's trade war with China is backfiring and impacting the US economy, according to his former chief economic adviser.

The tariff battle has had "a dramatic effect" on US manufacturing and capital investment, Gary Cohn told the BBC."

I'm sure Drumpf said something about making the "best deals".

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Tariffs can make sense if used sensibly, but Trumps are vindictive. The man is an idiot.

Can tariffs be used sensibly?  The examples are few and far between. 

Most politicians are idiots or beholden to special interests who rarely work to the commonwealth. 

Edited by Chinahand
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I don't know if they can really, the basic idea behind them to protect your key manufacturing industries should make sense, but then lots of ideas make sense in theory, only to fall down in practice. The thing people seem to forget with tariffs is that it is them who is paying in the end.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

John Bolton had the chop now too. Who do they replace him with though. It has to be someone more extreme. The only one I can think of is nikki haley but she needs a couple of years off the government books to collect all the Benjamins she earned from her last Gov. Job. Is the Reverend Billy Graham still alive?

70255774_10157887230086800_3008351946324049920_n.jpg

20 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

John Bolton had the chop now too. Who do they replace him with though. It has to be someone more extreme. The only one I can think of is nikki haley but she needs a couple of years off the government books to collect all the Benjamins she earned from her last Gov. Job. Is the Reverend Billy Graham still alive?

Bolton fired for being too hawkish. Apparently Trump tired of reining him in.