Donald Trump

cropduster

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

Christianity. Being a Republic. Much of its language. The US has inherited the cultural heritage of Rome, just as much as Italy and the territories that were part of it's empire. 

And, you could add, via the Renaissance and then the Age of Enlightenment, which directly gave rise to the intellectuals who drafted the constitution and were its first politicians and statesmen.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Declan said:

Christianity. Being a Republic. Much of its language. The US has inherited the cultural heritage of Rome, just as much as Italy and the territories that were part of it's empire. 

Sorry, I'm pulling your leg. Perhaps its just Trump's lazy language but if you read what he said he effectively made the claim that the United States has existed for thousands of years. Its great when he freestyles.

I see he has been throwing his support behind a coalition of the Conservative Party and Brexit Party whilst promising a wonderful trade deal with the US. 

All whilst facing impeachment for asking foreign Governments to interfere with US elections.

I haven't seen the reaction from No. 10 but I believe it was not entirely positive. 

On 10/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, Declan said:

But the Roman Empire was sacrificing animals to Jupiter for about a thousand years. During which time Julius Geezer invaded Gaul to boost his street cred and become dictator. Which was then passed on to his adopted son Octavian. Octavian then went on to murder Cesarian who was the son of Geezer and Cleopatra.

So it was not much of a republic really.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Indeed, but much more in the opposite direction. I can't imagine the Romans spending too much time pondering on what the Celts had done for them.

They were very impressed by Celtic art, particularly worked metals.