Donald Trump

cropduster

Apologies...this is supposed to be in the UK Government thread...that’s what happens when you post before your second cup of tea...!

I read today that the Nightingale hospital at Excel in east London, which has a maximum capacity of 4,000, has...19 patients. Errrr...did someone over-specify?

Edited by Uhtred

44 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Apologies...this is supposed to be in the UK Government thread...that’s what happens when you post before your second cup of tea...!

I read today that the Nightingale hospital at Excel in east London, which has a maximum capacity of 4,000, has...19 patients. Errrr...did someone over-specify?

better to have to much than not enough 

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

With virtually no testing the number of infected folks in the UK is a big unknown.

In fact, the only solid data the UK seems to have is number of infected admitted to hospital and number who have died there of Covid-19. Some of the poor souls who expired in care homes didn't even get to see a doctor.

So it's very much a "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" strategy...

On 4/15/2020 at 11:07 AM, P.K. said:

Apprently Trump is the first US President with no previous political or military experience.

A pure populist...

On 4/15/2020 at 11:14 AM, ecobob said:

I just do not understand how he’s still in place. Does he really think people are going to blame the WHO instead of his administration?

Someone needs to cough all over him. 

The US is losing all credibility in its enabling of Trump, this virus is crippling the world economy and it remains to be seen what America's role will be after it's all over. I think it will signal the beginning of the breakup of the United States into separate self governing states? At least removing much federal power if nothing else.

Edited by Max Power

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The US is losing all credibility in its enabling of Trump, this virus is crippling the world economy and it remains to be seen what America's role will be after it's all over. I think it will signal the beginning of the breakup of the United States into separate self governing states?

There's an election in November - Trump is killing his chances. With any luck he'll be working at Walmart by February, stacking shelves.