Donald Trump

cropduster

On 11/7/2020 at 4:46 PM, the stinking enigma said:

I dont see the world becoming a better place just because biden is in charge. 

You may be right Biden has had strong links with the IRA  but then again one man's terrorist is another man's Statesman . 

Just saying:flowers:

1 hour ago, pongo said:

b*ll**ks

Get over it. It's 2020 ffs. Not 1921 or even 1971.

Just saying:flowers:

Hardly ‘b*ll**ks” when only three years ago (that’s 2017, not 1921 or 1971...) he was photographed with his arms around Gerry Adams and Rita O’Hare (the former fugitive from justice who skipped bail in the UK to flee to America after her attempted murder of a British Army officer). 

16 minutes ago, manxst said:

Hardly ‘b*ll**ks” when only three years ago (that’s 2017, not 1921 or 1971...) he was photographed with his arms around Gerry Adams and Rita O’Hare (the former fugitive from justice who skipped bail in the UK to flee to America after her attempted murder of a British Army officer). 

Is it really a surprise that an American may have sympathy to Irish Separatists?  The US celebrates independence day every year.  That's independence from England and it's rule, much the same way as many other ex-colonies also celebrate the date when they gained freedom from English rule.  

Many Americans claim Irish descent so to some of them it is the IRA and Sinn Fein who have valid claims not the English Government.

7 minutes ago, manxst said:

Pretty much all US politicians appear to have supported the IRA at some point, presumably going after the American Irish vote or something.

seen footage somewhere of a reporter trying to get a word from Biden a few years ago?

Reporter: Mr Biden, it's xyz from the BBC

Biden: The BBC? I'm Irish.

Wonder where US sympathies will now lie?

Brexit and trade deal with US just got massively more difficult. 

Edited by b4mbi

52 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Wonder where US sympathies will now lie?

Probably exactly where US sympathies lay with Trump as President.  Trump and Biden would both be looking to make a trade deal that benefits the US.  The additional complexity is that Biden and the Democrats are no fans of Brexit and can definitely see why the Northern Ireland border is an issue.

• Like 1

Treating nervous Irish Republican leaders as politicians was key to securing that peace process. I can totally understand why lots of people would be uncomfortable with that. But lots on their side were uncomfortable with it too. We should be glad that deadlock was broken.

Senator Biden was apparently an important friend of the UK at the time of The Falklands War when many on the US side were leaning towards supporting the right wing dictatorship in Argentina.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

TRUMPERS are in bits and its fucking hilarious.

Yeah but the worrying bit was that interview on the BBC this morning with some nut job with an AK47 hanging off his chest and a MAGA hat shouting about his right to bare arms and how all the polls were fake. There’s some super serious fucktards out there buying into Trumps view of things. 

15 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yeah but the worrying bit was that interview on the BBC this morning with some nut job with an AK47 hanging off his chest and a MAGA hat shouting about his right to bare arms and how all the polls were fake. There’s some super serious fucktards out there buying into Trumps view of things. 

I was sort of wondering why none of them have really kicked off and started proper trouble, but then I remembered that they're all retarded gobby cowards.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I was sort of wondering why none of them have really kicked off and started proper trouble, but then I remembered that they're all retarded gobby cowards.

It could get interesting. There was that nutter with a mullet who plowed his Dodge Challenger into the crowd in Charlottesville not that long ago. A lot of them are proper crazy rednecks. 

35 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Lol...kinda sums up Trump pretty accurately, let alone his supporters.