Donald Trump

cropduster

The guy who killed the policeman with a fire extinguisher is a retired fireman, whose son is a policeman. He was interviewed a couple of months ago when protesting against BLM, talking about how much he values the police.

And the capitol policeman who committed suicide a couple of days later - his dad was a lobbyist who worked with Paul Manafort. Weird coincidence.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Just that he won't be there. It was a signal - "I'll be safe, go mental"

Not sure I agree with that interpretation.  I would have said it was more, "I won't be attending the inauguration of Biden because he did not win.  We won. #electionfraud".

I could possibly accept that their is a suggestion that insurrection is acceptable given the circumstances.

10 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Not sure I agree with that interpretation.  I would have said it was more, "I won't be attending the inauguration of Biden because he did not win.  We won. #electionfraud".

I could possibly accept that their is a suggestion that insurrection is acceptable given the circumstances.

That’s how Twitter interpreted it. They cited that tweet specifically as the last straw. It’s also how many of his followers interpreted it. 

Trump’s always been good and getting his message across without saying the specific words.  The doubt it leaves in some people’s minds means he has often gone unchallenged, and has aided his rise to power.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

What?

Declan has answered that one for me.  Trump and his supporters believe that the election was "stolen" and therefore feel justified in taking action.  It matters not one iota that the rest of us know that Trump is lying and that it is all BS.  In fact I increasingly wonder whether Trump even knows he is lying.....

1 hour ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Tune in for next week’s show when we empathise with a serial killer who truly believed all his victims deserved it.

Not going to empathise with them.  Would be interested to know why though in order to spot others with the same mental disorder.

I am sure plenty of us would like to understand how Trump got elected and how his supporters think so we could avoid future occurrences and put Trump away while we are at it.

I think a lot of Trump's supporters need to be reminded that when he was elected he actually polled less votes than Clinton.  It was the quirkiness of the Electoral College that delivered him to power.

Biden won the popular vote and the Electoral College vote so....