Donald Trump

cropduster

Just look at this photo of Trump as he leaves the courtroom. This is a man who is shitting himself. I don't know what happened up there but Bragg is making an announcement shortly. Whatever it was something Trump didn't expect.

Not quite as cheery and powerful as when he arrived, that's for sure.

image.jpeg.67091763aefb0dec863a0639db1bac35.jpeg

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Just look at this photo of Trump as he leaves the courtroom. This is a man who is shitting himself. I don't know what happened up there but Bragg is making an announcement shortly. Whatever it was something Trump didn't expect.

Not quite as cheery and powerful as when he arrived, that's for sure.

image.jpeg.67091763aefb0dec863a0639db1bac35.jpeg

I'm astounded that you can read anything into a shot like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Biden has announced he's running again.  Unless the Democrats can come up with someone else too, then it looks like it's going to be a re-run of 2020.  Between an old fool and a loud fool, but I think the loud fool would likely win it this time. 

At least the UK Govt has has a bit of variety over the last few years! 

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

but I think the loud fool would likely win it this time. 

I’m not sure. He still has his die hard MAGA base, of course but a lot of Republican voters are turning away from him and the Republican Party. 

People are becoming tired of the drama, tired of the lies, tired of the guns and Roe V Wade has turned a huge amount of women against them. 

The news from Tennessee last week did not help with Republican senators going against the will of the people to oust the two black demonstrating Democrats (the female white demonstrator had no action taken against her). 

Ron de Santis is showing his true colours in his personal grudge against Disney for getting one over on him. Moderate Republicans are questioning whether this is someone they want to trust with the nuclear codes. 

Trump will run, indictments or not and he’ll get the nomination but he won’t win. He’s divided the party so badly that many are walking with their feet. 

Personally, I think the GOP have just about had it as a party. There will be the crazies hanging on to their fundamental Christian abortion beliefs and second amendment rights but I think that in more and more states, they are going to be going against the majority of the voters wishes and lose even more support as they do it. 

Like last time, Biden’s not ideal but he’s better than the alternative. Bernie Mittens Sanders might throw his hat in the ring yet and who knows how that might go. AOC perhaps? Time enough. 

ETA -  wouldn’t rule out Trump setting up a breakaway party between now and 2024 but all that will do is spilt the vote even further leaving the Dems with a better chance of winning. 

Edited by Roxanne

13 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I’m not sure. He still has his die hard MAGA base, of course but a lot of Republican voters are turning away from him and the Republican Party. 

People are becoming tired of the drama, tired of the lies, tired of the guns and Roe V Wade has turned a huge amount of women against them. 

The news from Tennessee last week did not help with Republican senators going against the will of the people to oust the two black demonstrating Democrats (the female white demonstrator had no action taken against her). 

Ron de Santis is showing his true colours in his personal grudge against Disney for getting one over on him. Moderate Republicans are questioning whether this is someone they want to trust with the nuclear codes. 

Trump will run, indictments or not and he’ll get the nomination but he won’t win. He’s divided the party so badly that many are walking with their feet. 

Personally, I think the GOP have just about had it as a party. There will be the crazies hanging on to their fundamental Christian abortion beliefs and second amendment rights but I think that in more and more states, they are going to be going against the majority of the voters wishes and lose even more support as they do it. 

Like last time, Biden’s not ideal but he’s better than the alternative. Bernie Mittens Sanders might throw his hat in the ring yet and who knows how that might go. AOC perhaps? Time enough. 

ETA -  wouldn’t rule out Trump setting up a breakaway party between now and 2024 but all that will do is spilt the vote even further leaving the Dems with a better chance of winning. 

Interesting points. 

I thought initially De Santis looked good, but he has as you've noted, proved to also be a bit of a twat. 

I have to admit I still can't get my head round the fact that the Democrats are in power, but keep on getting slapped down in legislation changes by the Republicans, who also seem to be going against the wishes of the moderate population. 

It seems also that the US appears to be heading towards some sort of fundamentalist Christian state, when the majority of the developed western world is going the opposite way.   Also weird bearing in mind that Trump doesn't seem to be that religious.

16 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Also weird bearing in mind that Trump doesn't seem to be that religious.

His morals have nothing to do with it. White, Christian, fundamentalists are his biggest backers.

He's now worked out the the abortion issue is going to lose him voters. He's between a rock and a hard place - it will be interesting to see what takes precedent in his polarised world. 

Edited by Roxanne
spelling.

On 4/25/2023 at 7:49 PM, Roxanne said:

Personally, I think the GOP have just about had it as a party.

Unless of course someone else came along. Someone who could trump Trump. Someone with charisma, with money, who tells people exactly what they want to hear and if it's lies they want then he can do that too. Someone who has suddenly found themselves to be the current martyr in chief of the Republican Party. Someone who has suddenly found themselves with LOTS of time on their hands.

Can you tell who it is yet?

On 4/25/2023 at 7:49 PM, Roxanne said:

He wont do that unless he loses the Republican nomination. 

22 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Unless of course someone else came along. Someone who could trump Trump. Someone with charisma, with money, who tells people exactly what they want to hear and if it's lies they want then he can do that too. Someone who has suddenly found themselves to be the current martyr in chief of the Republican Party. Someone who has suddenly found themselves with LOTS of time on their hands.

Can you tell who it is yet?

Good lord you don't mean Cucker Tarlson, do you? 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

• Haha 1