Donald Trump

cropduster

14 hours ago, hoopsaa said:

On the Michelle Obama point, how could they actually bring her in? My understanding is that if they had a vote of no confidence (or whatever the correct terminology is), it would have to be Karmela who stepped up.

My understanding is that they could bring her in...in August?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Democratic_National_Convention#:~:text=The convention is scheduled to,be the convention's primary location.

1 hour ago, RecklessAbandon said:

The irony being that "reportedly" the shooter was a registered Republican libertarian is not lost on me (although the right is claiming his one time $15 donation to a democratic movement suggests a different motive)

The $15 donation is all over X as “proof” that he’s a liberal already. To be fair the shooter is much more likely to be a Secret Service stooge in classic Lee Harvey Oswald style as it’s clear that neither the FBI or the CIA want a batshit crazy lunatic back in the White House. It was clear going back months that an assassination attempt wasn’t going to be beyond the bounds of the possible as the nasty deranged dialogue he and other MAGA mental cases like Marjorie Taylor Greene and others have been stirring up, and the havoc they’re causing within the political system, was highly likely to result in someone (anyone) getting shot or stabbed. The collateral damage to people in the Trump orbit has been extreme. 

Even at the first day of Trumps false accounting trial in NYC some lunatic set himself on fire outside the Court after distributing conspiracy pamphlets. There has been genuinely mental stuff happening around Trump, facilitated by Trump and his team, since at least the January 2021 storming of the Capitol Building. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68863157

No e of this should come as any surprise. 

30 minutes ago, Bosley said:

The $15 donation is all over X as “proof” that he’s a liberal already. To be fair the shooter is much more likely to be a Secret Service stooge in classic Lee Harvey Oswald style as it’s clear that neither the FBI or the CIA want a batshit crazy lunatic back in the White House. It was clear going back months that an assassination attempt wasn’t going to be beyond the bounds of the possible as the nasty deranged dialogue he and other MAGA mental cases like Marjorie Taylor Greene and others have been stirring up, and the havoc they’re causing within the political system, was highly likely to result in someone (anyone) getting shot or stabbed. The collateral damage to people in the Trump orbit has been extreme. 

Even at the first day of Trumps false accounting trial in NYC some lunatic set himself on fire outside the Court after distributing conspiracy pamphlets. There has been genuinely mental stuff happening around Trump, facilitated by Trump and his team, since at least the January 2021 storming of the Capitol Building. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68863157

No e of this should come as any surprise. 

You'd think they could find someone who could shoot though.  110m with an AR15 and scope would not be particularly challenging. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

You'd think they could find someone who could shoot though.  110m with an AR15 and scope would not be particularly challenging. 

A pro-gun libertarian (who was killed wearing the t-shirt of a pro-gun YouTube channel), you'd think he would have at least some range time under his belt.

Trump was really not popular with the libertarian movement.

22 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

A pro-gun libertarian (who was killed wearing the t-shirt of a pro-gun YouTube channel), you'd think he would have at least some range time under his belt.

Trump was really not popular with the libertarian movement.

35 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Let's be clear I completely condemn this attempted murder.  It really should have no place in Politics of any sort and certainly not in a country which has been held up as aspirational to many in the past.

It would appear to be fairly clear that the shooter went for a headshot but don't most snipers aim for the body?  The head is a relatively small area and hard to hit.  It really has the feel of someone who has played to many video games and thinks that a headshot in real life is as easy as a video game.

Once again, I totally disagree with the attempted assassination and condemn it.  That is despite me not agreeing with Trump and having genuine concerns over what will happen if he wins election.  

1 minute ago, manxman1980 said:

Let's be clear I completely condemn this attempted murder.  It really should have no place in Politics of any sort and certainly not in a country which has been held up as aspirational to many in the past.

It would appear to be fairly clear that the shooter went for a headshot but don't most snipers aim for the body?  The head is a relatively small area and hard to hit.  It really has the feel of someone who has played to many video games and thinks that a headshot in real life is as easy as a video game.

Once again, I totally disagree with the attempted assassination and condemn it.  That is despite me not agreeing with Trump and having genuine concerns over what will happen if he wins election.  

The SOP is two aimed rounds through the centre of the (let's be honest quite large) target.

It seems to be a common theme the shooter being quiet, kept themselves to themselves, would never have thought in a million years etc etc.

33 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Agreed, political violence is a slippery slope to civil unrest (or worse).

Head shots are for movies or TV.

5 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

It would appear to be fairly clear that the shooter went for a headshot but don't most snipers aim for the body?  The head is a relatively small area and hard to hit.

He died when a secret service agent got him with a straight head shot. Maybe he was into video games too?

6 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

In fairness, Trump turning his head is what saved him. Had he not, his exceptionally limited mental capacity would've been even more on show than usual.