Donald Trump

cropduster

So what did they all do? All of these aides? Is it any different from all who went before with Clinton et al? Or is it simply that powerful vested interests have been crossed that never were before and they are driving it?

Or just maybe, Trump and the idiots he is surrounding himself with, have no idea what they are doing and their ignorance/incompetence is catching up with them.

Politics is like the mafia. They may all squabble amongst themselves and some sides may lose a few members as collateral damage but at the end of the day they all know which side their bread is buttered and if anyone came along to threaten their whole game they'd all close ranks to make sure it wasn't allowed to happen.

He's upsetting too many vested interests and as most in government are bought and paid for he'll find, if he hasn't already, that the hot seat isn't supposed to be there for making decisions, it's there for rubber-stamping decisions that are made by people who hold the real power.

I'm sure they're conspiring as we speak to get a more favourable puppet on the throne.

• Like 1

Politics is like the mafia. They may all squabble amongst themselves and some sides may lose a few members as collateral damage but at the end of the day they all know which side their bread is buttered and if anyone came along to threaten their whole game they'd all close ranks to make sure it wasn't allowed to happen.

He's upsetting too many vested interests and as most in government are bought and paid for he'll find, if he hasn't already, that the hot seat isn't supposed to be there for making decisions, it's there for rubber-stamping decisions that are made by people who hold the real power.

I'm sure they're conspiring as we speak to get a more favourable puppet on the throne.

I agree with your first paragraph.

But as for upsetting vested interests, then it must depend on who or what those vested interests are. Industry and of the military (the usual suspects when vested interest is mentioned) should be well content with his policies, I would have thought. If you mean career Republican politicians, then I think I would agree. But actually, I think the wider interests of the US and of the rest of the world would be served by replacing Trump with a person who is fit for office, statesmanlike and intelligent. What the Republicans fear is that Trump will bring the party and the country into such disrepute that their electoral chances will be in the bin for decades.

Edited by guzzi

I agree with your first paragraph.

But as for upsetting vested interests, then it must depend on who or what those vested interests are. Industry and of the military (the usual suspects when vested interest is mentioned) should be well content with his policies, I would have thought. If you mean career Republican politicians, then I think I would agree. But actually, I think the wider interests of the US and of the rest of the world would be served by replacing Trump with a person who is fit for office, statesmanlike and intelligent. What the Republicans fear is that Trump will bring the party and the country into such disrepute that their electoral chances will be in the bin for decades.

Vested interests as in the media, as he is bypassing them and calling them out. Which means a whole industry that used to sit hand in glove with the establishment have now been sidelined and they're not happy.

He's also asking uncomfortable questions of the pharmaceutical industry too, who have a multi billion dollar operation at stake in medicating the American public.

I don't think the republicans in particular are overly concerned about him. He effectively ran as an independent under the republican banner. Politicians across both parties are not happy with him as he is exposing their cosy lifestyle they had grown accustomed to.

The media, no. He's more threatened by certain sections of the media than those sections of the media are threatened by him. He provides ample grist to their mill.

It is the job of the media to hold the administration up to scrutiny, something he just doesn't seem to grasp. One of the many things.

Edited by guzzi
  • Like 1

The media, no. He's more threatened by certain sections of the media than those sections of the media are threatened by him. He provides ample grist to their mill.

It is the job of the media to hold the administration up to scrutiny, something he just doesn't seem to grasp. One of the many things.

The media's main role is to frame the narrative in conjunction with government. Both parties can't do this if he shoots from the hip direct to the public via the likes of Twitter. That's a dangerous precedent to set as it results in a loss of control which big government loves and will need to be stopped.