Switch To Gas To Save Planet....

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind Phil Gawne. He's good value on some issues and puts his points well in Tynwald.

However, this:

gw-graphic-pie-chart-co2-emissions-by-co

So UK 2%. Hardly significant. Here we are on the IOM - a thousandth of that, if not less. So 0.002% at the very most. Even if the climate cycle is man-made in any case, which is conjecture. So come on, Phil. Hard pressed people should pay more to use gas on the basis of this tenuous case?

Admit it. You are being a dick on this.

I don't mind Phil Gawne. He's good value on some issues and puts his points well in Tynwald.

However, this:

So UK 2%. Hardly significant. Here we are on the IOM - a thousandth of that, if not less. So 0.002% at the very most. Even if the climate cycle is man-made in any case, which is conjecture. So come on, Phil. Hard pressed people should pay more to use gas on the basis of this tenuous case?

I like Phil Gawne too. As a Politician, talented musician and good old Manx fella, but yes he is, in my view, wrong on this one.

The Paris climate change deal spells the beginning of the end for cooking and heating with gas, experts claimed yesterday.

Within 15 years, British families may have to start phasing out gas cookers, fires and boilers if the UK is to meet new tougher targets aimed at halting rises in global temperature.

does this mean Pulrose gas turbine will be obsolete by 2030 too ?

depends which 'spurts you believe :lol:

The Paris climate change deal spells the beginning of the end for cooking and heating with gas, experts claimed yesterday.

Within 15 years, British families may have to start phasing out gas cookers, fires and boilers if the UK is to meet new tougher targets aimed at halting rises in global temperature.

does this mean Pulrose gas turbine will be obsolete by 2030 too ?

depends which 'spurts you believe laugh.png

It'll be shagged life-expired by then in any case.

However, this:

All this drum beating about saving the enviroment is such bullshit.

Hard to believe that with the huge outcry against MG and the OFT still going on (and rightly so) that anyone, minister or otherwise, could trot this shite out and expect people to believe that there wasn't some other incentive involved. Like maybe a brown and envelope shaped incentive.

Gawne's being a total asshole as usual here and I'm surprised there's not more outrage at another asinine statement from this clown. Is he doing the bidding of Manx Gas here or what; and does he have any sensitivity to gas consumers and the price they pay for an essential utility ? He's timed it very well for Christmas hasn't he, when many people can't even afford to put the gas on to heat their homes.

He knows where he can get off.

I thought we had to save the cheerleader?

How did that end (has it ended)? I gave up watching it when it moved to Sky.

Went south after Season 2, which I think is when I stopped watrching. A reasonably accurate couple of reviews courtesy of Wiki:

Seasons three and four had an equally harsh reception. Los Angeles Times said "Even just a half-hour in, it's difficult not to wish everyone would just lighten the heck up. The graphic novel noir feel is becoming increasingly oppressive, and everyone is just so grim." New York Post said "This show, which was once so thrilling and fun, has become full of itself, its characters spouting crazy nonsense."

Miniseries broadcast in 2015. Didn't watch it.

Wouldn't it be better to properly insulate our homes so we don't need that much heating, gas or otherwise?

Nope, that doesn't work I'm afraid - if they don't make enough profit they just put the prices up again and again ... it's called 'the free market' ... oh no ... wait ... sorry ... that's another thing entirely.

Wouldn't it be better to properly insulate our homes so we don't need that much heating, gas or otherwise?

Nope, that doesn't work I'm afraid - if they don't make enough profit they just put the prices up again and again ... it's called 'the free market' ... oh no ... wait ... sorry ... that's another thing entirely.

Exactly, if you can't afford to heat your home in the first place then all the insulation in the world is just mouse bedding.

Archived