Switch To Gas To Save Planet....

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it be better to properly insulate our homes so we don't need that much heating, gas or otherwise?

Nope, that doesn't work I'm afraid - if they don't make enough profit they just put the prices up again and again ... it's called 'the free market' ... oh no ... wait ... sorry ... that's another thing entirely.

don't tell MU what MG have done with the standing charge, and that if you don't use any gas you still get a whopping bill crying.gif

How come france has a larger population than the UK but puts out half our emissions ?

VW measure the emissions in France.??

gawne has to be the stupidest creature to ever learn to almost speak coherently . heating oil is basically diesel, at a guess, only a guess mind you, I suspect many people with a diesel vehicle spend more on road fuel than heating oil, ( those with oil heating ) I do. it would be interesting see how much diesel fuel for road is consumed on island compared to how much heating oil?? my guess is more on road than heat but lets pick on heating?? IF heating with gas was priced competitively will oil heating, like it could be if we weren't getting robbed by a monopoly, then maybe worrying about what 40000 homes put into the atmosphere would be worth a first look just to appease the tree huggers, but at double the cost for the band F brigade, fuck off.

Wouldn't it be better to properly insulate our homes so we don't need that much heating, gas or otherwise?

Nope, that doesn't work I'm afraid - if they don't make enough profit they just put the prices up again and again ... it's called 'the free market' ... oh no ... wait ... sorry ... that's another thing entirely.

don't tell MU what MG have done with the standing charge, and that if you don't use any gas you still get a whopping bill crying.gif

that will be next, get your solar panels now.

I'm sure Manx Gas will fully appreciate Phil's support in this festive season.

He's brilliant isn't he? His only justification for people paying massive rip off gas bills that the OFT has shown to be toothless in curtailing in the IOM is "Well the good thing about being massively ripped off and having a large root vegetable rammed up your ass by Manx Gas is ... It's good for the environment!" Brilliant Phil! That makes me feel much better about my current fuel poverty. At least I'm saving those Polar Bears!

I honestly think that it's a shit spouting competition. Gawne, Teare, Quayle, Shimmin, Bell.

There's nothing to choose between them. Every one a blatant liar. Fortunately they're being found out, slowly.

With the boundary changes coming in for the next election will Gawne be hoping to get votes in Colby? I really hope he comes knocking at my door. Wonder how offensive I can actually be...

Immediately after he leaves set your porch on fire and then call the Police giving them a very clear description of the man you saw walking away from your house just before it went up. That'll learn him!

The Isle of Man has no 'social' responsibility when it comes to taxation, source of funds etc. How ridiculous for a minister to think we should have an envoronmental conscience.

We simply can't afford to.

As horrid as it may be, the Isle of Man can only thrive by being a dirty secret. Otherwise, we're an expensive afterthought. And if you don't like that truth, then you need to think of a plan B quickly.

Archived