Switch To Gas To Save Planet....

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come france has a larger population than the UK but puts out half our emissions ?

VW measure the emissions in France.??

gawne has to be the stupidest creature to ever learn to almost speak coherently . heating oil is basically diesel, at a guess, only a guess mind you, I suspect many people with a diesel vehicle spend more on road fuel than heating oil, ( those with oil heating ) I do. it would be interesting see how much diesel fuel for road is consumed on island compared to how much heating oil?? my guess is more on road than heat but lets pick on heating?? IF heating with gas was priced competitively will oil heating, like it could be if we weren't getting robbed by a monopoly, then maybe worrying about what 40000 homes put into the atmosphere would be worth a first look just to appease the tree huggers, but at double the cost for the band F brigade, fuck off.

You could apply the argument to aircraft and note that a Dash8 Q400 uses about two tonnes of fuel for one return journey to Gatwick, which I reckon is about enough to run two houses for a year and they were doing that three times each day ! Maybe Phil should try and reduce the airport traffic to a trickle and get rid of airlines that would certainly help ! Oh hang on we employ another halfwit to do that !!

Are we shooting the MUA in them foot by allowing the offshore wind/wave generating?

We will not use the green energy here on the Island, they will sell it into the UK national grid but will the UK grid still want the 5mil quid of MUA dirty power?

The govt recon. that offshore will be worth 5mil to us but we may lose the MUAs 5mil !!!

Evens or we going to count the green generation as our own while continuing with gas turbine production?

Scene: A traditional Manx dwelling with rustic features.

A woman's voice is heard loudly from within.....

"Jeffrey ! What are yer doin' now ?"

"Dang, what is it woman ? Yer know I'm tryin' to fix this new boiler. I'm sure I can smell gas"

"Well don't be lightin' any matches out there. Remember what happened to the thie veg you had converted into a smookhouse.

Yer should never have got ridden of the oul boiler anyroad. Me mother said we should've stuck to the oil."

"Ah, she'll be right woman. I might just have to walk down to the phone box at Four Roads to ring the engineer though. I'll wait for the rain to go off."

"You'll have to fix this fancy new gas oven too, else we'll have no bird this Christmas. But first I want you to get out in the porch and clear all these boxes the courier van dropped off. I think he's been again, but I couldn't hear him for these new Spectrum windows that were supposed to keep the draught from gettin' off me legs.

I don't know who's going to drink all that malt whisky, and yer not givin' any to Juan this year, but I can't get over me own threshold for whisky."

"Stop yer naggin' woman. I'll take 'em round to all the neighbours on Boxing Day, before Hunt the Wren. Might even get me-self back up with the boys next November".

"Not if yer blow yerself and the house with me in it up before then"

"Ah, you've been lookin' at that Manx Forums again haven't yer ? I should never have got yer that oul computer I rescued from the amenity site."

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM JEFFREY AND FAMILY, AND ALL AT MANX GAS.

Scene: A traditional Manx dwelling with rustic features.

A woman's voice is heard loudly from within.....

"Jeffrey ! What are yer doin' now ?"

"Dang, what is it woman ? Yer know I'm tryin' to fix this new boiler. I'm sure I can smell gas"

"Well don't be lightin' any matches out there. Remember what happened to the thie veg you had converted into a smookhouse.

Yer should never have got ridden of the oul boiler anyroad. Me mother said we should've stuck to the oil."

"Ah, she'll be right woman. I might just have to walk down to the phone box at Four Roads to ring the engineer though. I'll wait for the rain to go off."

"You'll have to fix this fancy new gas oven too, else we'll have no bird this Christmas. But first I want you to get out in the porch and clear all these boxes the courier van dropped off. I think he's been again, but I couldn't hear him for these new Spectrum windows that were supposed to keep the draught from gettin' off me legs.

I don't know who's going to drink all that malt whisky, and yer not givin' any to Juan this year, but I can't get over me own threshold for whisky."

"Stop yer naggin' woman. I'll take 'em round to all the neighbours on Boxing Day, before Hunt the Wren. Might even get me-self back up with the boys next November".

"Not if yer blow yerself and the house with me in it up before then"

"Ah, you've been lookin' at that Manx Forums again haven't yer ? I should never have got yer that oul computer I rescued from the amenity site."

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM JEFFREY AND FAMILY, AND ALL AT MANX GAS.

Very good. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Archived