Lemmy dies at 70

manxb&b

• 6 months later...

Came across this anecdote about Motörhead's visit to the Island.

"EC: Speaking of Motörhead, with the recent death of Lemmy Kilmister, do any memorable moments come to mind when you think about your time with Motörhead?

Kevin Harrington: I had so many memorable times with Lemmy and Motörhead from the very first gig at the Isle of Man TT weekend.

Let me tell you how that first gig went and the aftermath. The gig and night went great with no problems until I had to settle up the hotel bill in the morning. The hotel manager mentioned the fire in Mr. Kilmister's room and said he wanted the damaged paid. He explained it was a fire that burnt the bed sheets so naturally I asked to see the damage. He led me to the laundry room and picked up first a bed cover with a 1m hole with burnt edges, then he held a blanket with a smaller hole with burnt edges and finally a sheet was held up with a smaller hole in it. I signed for the damage. Walking back to reception the manager, in his morning suit, asked which one of the group wore a leather jacket jeans and white footwear. I told him they all do and asked why. He said one of his chamber maids had found one of the group in the house keeping room urinating in the sink. He said he didn't mind so much except it was his youngest employee."

http://www.earcandymag.com/redheadonroof-0216.htm

Archived