Happy Chinese New Year:-)

ScotsAlan

Happy Chinese new year. From China. 2016. The biggest mass movement of people in history....I was part of it... To go home to boredom. Honestly, Chinese new year in China is boring. But happy Chinese new year to all on the island of Manxland:-)

How was the CCTV extravaganza? And the Jiaozi's?

We had a slap up meal here and WeChat crashed every 5 mins as various cousins aunts, uncles and parents tried to wish one and all "happy New Year "

恭喜发财

Welcome to the Year of the Monkey!

It's still boring. We don't do CCTV, that's beyond boring.

But we did buy a lot of fireworks. Even though we live in an area where fireworks were banned, the ban was not enforced.

Had a family meal tonight, and as we walked home, my daughter carrying a fancy sparkler that was spewing fire and smoke, a local copper stopped us.... to give my daughter huangbao and wish us all happy new year.

Another interesting thing happeded today too. As we were eating our meal, GZ TV was in the background, and a "HAPPY NEW YEAR" chorus came from the police. I said to my wife, " Dont ever tell our daughter the Police will take her away if she is bad"...

" Of course not", my wife said, " We teach the kids if you need help, ask the Police".

This is whatt I like about China. It's a lawless place. There are no rules and regulations that people follow. Only the biggies with registration and baby production are taken seriously by the Government. But day to day... total freedom. When the GZ Government decide to have a crackdown on foreigners, the local cops go to my wife to ask her if I would register again so they can meet their quota of "foreigner" inspections.

We need to add on wechat Chinahand. I will pm you my scan page.

Archived