American Presidential Elections 2016

Chinahand

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole American election system is pretty stupid!

It certainly is a pretty difficult system to understand.

Not really. As in all things, follow the money...

I'm referring to the electoral procedure/system not the means of candidate selection. Do you understand the college votes, hustings, etc?

I'm referring to the electoral procedure/system not the means of candidate selection. Do you understand the college votes, hustings, etc?

To a degree. And I still stand by my original statement.

To a degree. And I still stand by my original statement.

Not sure I follow how you can understand something to a degree and claim it isn't difficult to understand. Your statement about the vote following the money is probably true in terms of candidate selection but is not relevant to the actual mechanics of how the voting system works. They two things are different subjects.

Not sure I follow how you can understand something to a degree and claim it isn't difficult to understand. Your statement about the vote following the money is probably true in terms of candidate selection but is not relevant to the actual mechanics of how the voting system works. They two things are different subjects.

Not really. You only have to look at those backing the voter restriction lobby, which wanted to bring in voter restrictions which primarily penalised the non-white voter under the guise of "protecting against voter fraud" which is almost unheard of in real life.

Not really. You only have to look at those backing the voter restriction lobby, which wanted to bring in voter restrictions which primarily penalised the non-white voter under the guise of "protecting against voter fraud" which is almost unheard of in real life.

Can't help thinking your going off at a bit of a tangent there. I'm talking about how the electoral system currently works in the US, ie. thishttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_the_United_States . If you fully understand that then I'm quite impressed.

Can't help thinking your going off at a bit of a tangent there. I'm talking about how the electoral system currently works in the US, ie. thishttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_the_United_States . If you fully understand that then I'm quite impressed.

I understand how it works (mostly) mechanically, its just that I also understand that the reality is guide not such much by the ballot, but by the dollar.

Archived