American Presidential Elections 2016

Chinahand

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had no real preference between trump or Clinton all I was saying I was people who voted remain or wanted Clinton as president take the defeat like little children and sneer at the people who voted the other way that's just wrong everyone has a vote take the defeat with grace

I had no real preference between trump or Clinton all I was saying I was people who voted remain or wanted Clinton as president take the defeat like little children and sneer at the people who voted the other way that's just wrong everyone has a vote take the defeat with grace

Do you think Trump and his supporters would have taken a Clinton presidency with grace and decorum?

Shock news for quilp...politicians are lying, cheating, scumbags...

I noticed in one of your rants you mentioned that Bill Clinton was a junkie, other than some ranting right wing conspiracy sites I couldn't find anything even remotely credible to back it up (hardly surprising).

In the choice between Clinton (former Secretary of State and First Lady) and Trump (a failed business man, WWF Wrestling participant and pretty much all the "ist" terms going, I know which I would prefer to lead one of the largest and most powerful nations in the world.

Unfortunately for you you backed a loser.

There wasn't much grace to be found in telling a large part of the population of the UK that we don't want them or their kind here. A lot of people woke up the morning of Brexit to find the country wasn't anywhere close to what they thought it was.

Also I take issue with wanting people to, essentially, just roll over and accept whatever result happens. If people don't like the result they absolutely should kick up a fuss. It's every person's duty to fight for the causes they believe in.

Trump had already said he wouldn't accept the decision if he lost. He claimed it was rigged before it even began. Is that the sort of grace you were looking for?

I noticed in one of your rants you mentioned that Bill Clinton was a junkie, other than some ranting right wing conspiracy sites I couldn't find anything even remotely credible to back it up (hardly surprising).

In the choice between Clinton (former Secretary of State and First Lady) and Trump (a failed business man, WWF Wrestling participant and pretty much all the "ist" terms going, I know which I would prefer to lead one of the largest and most powerful nations in the world.

I rather expected better from you than a trite "ner ner your one lost" post.

I didn't like either candidate I would have preferred someone like John Kerry. Germany's next, possibly even Le Pen in France's up and coming election. A break up of the E.U is on the cards?

That's what happens when politicians ignore the public a new world is forming for good or bad no ones really knows yet.

I rather expected better from you than a trite "ner ner your one lost" post.

You read it wrongly then. People are investing way too much emotional energy into one side of this circus or the other and displaying feelings of personal injustice when their preferred choice 'loses.' I was making the point that it was all getting a bit ridiculous and child-like.

Let's see how things pan out before projections of doom. We had all this after Brexit and now we're here again. Government's are monolithic beasts, the US in particular, so Trump will get beaten down on a lot of things and he'll be able to push through others. The fact we have a non-politician triumphing over a career politician should be seen on it's own as a positive. Their will be plenty of career politicians around him to make sure he doesn't do anything too radical but on it's own this shows the general public over there are sick to the back teeth with the cesspit that is national politics but it'll take a lot more than the election of Trump to arrest the vested interests which really run the show.

Archived