American Presidential Elections 2016

Chinahand

A lot of people woke up the morning of Brexit to find the country wasn't anywhere close to what they thought it was.

You said it right there and you are spot on. Why did they think that though?

"A lot of people" live in a comfy bubble.

"A lot of people" have been conditioned all of their lives to see things the liberal way.

"A lot of people" in the media, the left wing of politics and the establishment believe their own rhetoric is reality.

"A lot of people" are doing quite nicely thank you, and are aghast that anyone could want to spoil that for them.

"A lot of people" think that they can ignore the post industrial wastelands for ever with impunity.

"A lot of people" think that those whose well paid manufacturing jobs have been moved to the far east should just work in McDonalds or as an Uber driver and suck it up.

"A lot of people" naively believe that "big is beautiful" and large blocs and globalisation will end all wars.

"A lot of people" as you say, are finding that things are not as they thought they were. And not before time!

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had no real preference between trump or Clinton all I was saying I was people who voted remain or wanted Clinton as president take the defeat like little children and sneer at the people who voted the other way that's just wrong everyone has a vote take the defeat with grace

Do you think Trump and his supporters would have taken a Clinton presidency with grace and decorum?

I don't think I'm making my point what I'm trying to say is those people who shouted down the leave voters or trump voters act superior and as if those people's opinions don't matter. they need to realise that just because they are happy with the status quo a large portion of the population aren't.

had trump lost I would expect him to bump his gums but the media would largely ignore any protest from his fans

Shock news for quilp...politicians are lying, cheating, scumbags...

I noticed in one of your rants you mentioned that Bill Clinton was a junkie, other than some ranting right wing conspiracy sites I couldn't find anything even remotely credible to back it up (hardly surprising).

In the choice between Clinton (former Secretary of State and First Lady) and Trump (a failed business man, WWF Wrestling participant and pretty much all the "ist" terms going, I know which I would prefer to lead one of the largest and most powerful nations in the world.

Unfortunately for you you backed a loser.

Not really I put a £10 on Trump to win and got £70 back.

I am no fan of Trump, but I CAN see why what he says appeals to people, and they don't have to be stupid.

But as with Farage and Brexit, it was all bollocks "we're gonna build a wall", no you're not. "We'll kick out all the Muslims", no you wont.

He has relied on the idiot under class and played on their misguide fears and mistrust.

The liberal left agendas of both the EU and the US have, imho, proved to be divisive in both continents. The forced dialogue of idealistic tolerance, freedom and skewed political correctness has created more problems than it sought to address for both Europeans and Americans, alike.

This neo-liberal, dreamboat consciousness completely took its finger off the pulse of the disillusioned working classes. Merkel's policies on immigration and the growing reaction of nationalists throughout the EU provide an example of how easy it is for complacent, blinkered elites to ignore certain sections of society who have felt marginalised and wrongly labelled as racists or islamophobes in an attempt to discredit them and stifle free-speech.

Trump's victory, and brexit, has shown a change of the demographic in world politics and nationalistic sentiments.

I had no real preference between trump or Clinton all I was saying I was people who voted remain or wanted Clinton as president take the defeat like little children and sneer at the people who voted the other way that's just wrong everyone has a vote take the defeat with grace

Do you think Trump and his supporters would have taken a Clinton presidency with grace and decorum?

I don't think I'm making my point what I'm trying to say is those people who shouted down the leave voters or trump voters act superior and as if those people's opinions don't matter. they need to realise that just because they are happy with the status quo a large portion of the population aren't.

They act superior because they see their views as superior, indeed they see their way as the only way, so by definition anyone who demurs is an idiot.

Shock news for quilp...politicians are lying, cheating, scumbags...

I noticed in one of your rants you mentioned that Bill Clinton was a junkie, other than some ranting right wing conspiracy sites I couldn't find anything even remotely credible to back it up (hardly surprising).

In the choice between Clinton (former Secretary of State and First Lady) and Trump (a failed business man, WWF Wrestling participant and pretty much all the "ist" terms going, I know which I would prefer to lead one of the largest and most powerful nations in the world.

Unfortunately for you you backed a loser.

Not really I put a £10 on Trump to win and got £70 back.

Did you feel dirty collecting your winnings?

it'll take a lot more than the election of Trump to arrest the vested interests which really run the show.

Well I hope that the imaginary elites and the imaginary vested interests are going to up their game. The populist and chippy new politics is built on ignorant lies and empty promises.

I am no fan of Trump, but I CAN see why what he says appeals to people, and they don't have to be stupid.

But as with Farage and Brexit, it was all bollocks "we're gonna build a wall", no you're not. "We'll kick out all the Muslims", no you wont.

He has relied on the idiot under class and played on their misguide fears and mistrust.

The liberal left agendas of both the EU and the US have, imho, proved to be divisive in both continents. The forced dialogue of idealistic tolerance, freedom and skewed political correctness has created more problems than it sought to address for both Europeans and Americans, alike.

This neo-liberal, dreamboat consciousness completely took its finger off the pulse of the disillusioned working classes. Merkel's policies on immigration and the growing reaction of nationalists throughout the EU provide an example of how easy it is for complacent, blinkered elites to ignore certain sections of society who have felt marginalised and wrongly labelled as racists or islamophobes in an attempt to discredit them and stifle free-speech.

Trump's victory, and brexit, has shown a change of the demographic in world politics and nationalistic sentiments.

This post is now somewhat overshadowed by the fact that Clinton is now winning the popular vote.

it'll take a lot more than the election of Trump to arrest the vested interests which really run the show.

Well I hope that the imaginary elites and the imaginary vested interests are going to up their game. The populist and chippy new politics is built on ignorant lies and empty promises.

It has much in common with globalisation and the euro in that case.

Well I hope that the imaginary elites and the imaginary vested interests are going to up their game. The populist and chippy new politics is build on ignorant lies and empty promises.

Nothing imaginary about those elites and vested interests.

Corporate interests aren't imaginary. Military interests aren't imaginary. Career politicians and lifelong government employees who have a keen interest in keeping the status quo aren't imaginary. Trump will get to make a few waves on a lot of populous issues but he won't be able to go near the big ones. I don't see why you think any of this is imaginary.

Archived