American Presidential Elections 2016

Chinahand

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why you think any of this is imaginary.

It's a conspiratorial top-down nonsense view of the world. As if there is nefarious secret club somewhere, probably abroad, acting against the interests of 'ordinary' people - by pushing crazy ideas about democracy, politeness and trade.

Those in the US looking fondly back to the 1950s should remember that the booming 50s economy was thanks to the New Deal, WW2 and the Cold War.

wrongly labelled as racists or islamophobes in an attempt to discredit them and stifle free-speech.

Do you think Trump is wrongly labelled as a racist and an islamophobe?

I suppose some of his rhetoric about Mexicans and Muslims was borderline but some things have to be said and judging by the result a lot of voters agreed fundamentally in some of the views he has expressed.

Obama's time in office appeared to signify a 'post-racist' America in that opportunities for black Americans had opened up and anything was possible. Conversely, It could be said that if a sizable number of people voted for Trump because of his 'racist' rhetoric, then racism is still a massive issue in that country and dialogue needs to be re-started.

Let me put one thing straight, I am not a fan of either candidate or their policies.

The last stand of the angry white man?

What about the angry blacks, latinos, asians etc... who voted for Trump too. Don't you think it's a bit patronising to label them as angry white men?

You will notice that it was a question not a statement of fact.

Why the 'white' reference?

I don't see why you think any of this is imaginary.

It's a conspiratorial top-down nonsense view of the world. As if there is nefarious secret club somewhere, probably abroad, acting against the interests of 'ordinary' people - by pushing crazy ideas about democracy, politeness and trade.

Those in the US looking fondly back to the 1950s should remember that the booming 50s economy was thanks to the New Deal, WW2 and the Cold War.

You seem to have a fixation with a 'secret elite club' which you make reference to in a lot of threads whilst ignoring valid arguments about the power of the very visible corporate-military-government interests that wield a lot of power and influence.

Archived