American Presidential Elections 2016

Chinahand

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Politics and religion rely on useful idiots.

Please clarify your points rather than leaning on sound bites...wait a second...that was the entire Trump campaign from the get go...I see what you did there!

I've said all I needed to say on Trump's election. His triumph speaks volumes about the divided state of play in American democracy.

You carry on with pissing your panties.

All claims no trouser. Like Trump.

This is all part of a movement away from the establishment, the Democrats needed Bernie Saunders not Hillary Clinton.

With this and Brexit, who would bet against Jeremy Corbyn for PM now?

If winning were all that mattered then one possible reaction to people like Trump, Farage, Le Pen etc would be to back a candidate pushing a similar anti - (imaginary) - establishment agenda - ie something which equally appeals to conspiracy minded people with a chip on their shoulder (who are looking for hollow answers, empty promise and lies). But a better response would be to build something sustainable and which is rooted in truth.

The difficulty is how an honest politics can compete with simple minded populism and hold up against the lies spread by bloggers and the social media.

This is all part of a movement away from the establishment, the Democrats needed Bernie Saunders not Hillary Clinton.

Me. NOBODY is THAT stupid.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/5-bet-trump-becoming-president-9224497

Hmmmm. If I had backed that accumulator and was sitting on the £12.5 million, I don't think I'd stick it all on Corbyn, would you?

Me. NOBODY is THAT stupid.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/5-bet-trump-becoming-president-9224497

Hmmmm. If I had backed that accumulator and was sitting on the £12.5 million, I don't think I'd stick it all on Corbyn, would you?

It was meant to show how the complete outside and (normally) unthinkable can happen.

If winning were all that mattered then one possible reaction to people like Trump, Farage, Le Pen etc would be to back a candidate pushing a similar anti - (imaginary) - establishment agenda - ie something which equally appeals to conspiracy minded people with a chip on their shoulder (who are looking for hollow answers, empty promise and lies). But a better response would be to build something sustainable and which is rooted in truth.

The difficulty is how an honest politics can compete with simple minded populism and hold up against the lies spread by bloggers and the social media.

It's not just lies they have to combat though. It's people who evidently don't care about lies. He's been caught in the act so much during this election, but his celebrity and bravado have seen it all off. He has fans who can't be put off no matter what he does or says. That should be concerning regardless of your political leanings.

The moment Clinton called her fellow Americans, deplorable, xenophobic etc etc was the speech that handed the election to Trump imo !

They are, and it is the apathetic majority that handed the election to Drumpf.

My point in a nutshell, name calling does not win elections policies do !

The moment Clinton called her fellow Americans, deplorable, xenophobic etc etc was the speech that handed the election to Trump imo !

They are, and it is the apathetic majority that handed the election to Drumpf.

My point in a nutshell, name calling does not win elections policies do !

I dunno....remember when Trump mocked a disabled journalist on national television?

Or he called a female new reporter ugly?

There are countless (and public) examples of Trump "name calling" as you put it.

Archived