American Presidential Elections 2016

Chinahand

Woody2 - Poor trolling.

nope just facts

I think it might be a reference to your use of racist language.

nothing i have said is racist you dumb c$$$

If you don't recognise and accept that the term nigga is universally acknowledged as racist then you are the rather dumb one. I guess there is some acceptance of the term between black gangster rappers, I don't know you so I suppose it is possible you're Biggie Smalls.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it matters. When high profile racist groups can openly celebrate that "their man" is in the White House, it should be of great concern.

After Brexit and Trump, there is a scary arnd real possibility that the likes of UKIP (read EDL, BNP, etc) will make another run at an election.

Pk, that isn't official data. It's from polls by a research firm . And we all know how wrong the polls are. We're arguing semantics anyway, it doesn't matter

It's an exit poll. So it's pretty much the only data available.

So sure it wouldn't be 100%. For example some questions some folks didn't bother answering.

However you would have to be blind not to see the trends. I mean, 92% of Black Americans did not vote for Trump strikes me as a very believable figure. Add Trumps very obvious racist rhetoric and you see the reasons behind the voting patterns.

He did OK with women and apparently 30% of Hispanics voted for him which bettered the Republican vote last time for Mitt Romney. Some of those that the liberals are trying to champion are clearly off message.

It's good to see the complacent liberals who are so right and smug about everything wringing their hands in shock and despair.

It's good to see the complacent liberals who are so right and smug about everything wringing their hands in shock and despair.

Don't forget to smirk at all the right wing Republican politicians who distanced themselves from him, and even condemned him. I've no doubt they will also be wracking their brains in disbelief that a reality TV star has become president. They have to change their approach too.

He did OK with women and apparently 30% of Hispanics voted for him which bettered the Republican vote last time for Mitt Romney. Some of those that the liberals are trying to champion are clearly off message.

Do you honestly think the average (and below average) Republican is going to do any better under Trump?

Woody2 - Poor trolling.

nope just facts

I think it might be a reference to your use of racist language.

nothing i have said is racist you dumb c$$$

If you don't recognise and accept that the term nigga is universally acknowledged as racist then you are the rather dumb one. I guess there is some acceptance of the term between black gangster rappers, I don't know you so I suppose it is possible you're Biggie Smalls.

nope, even the bbc use it

I had a long post ready about how you are wrong, the context in which the BBC used it (several years ago) and the cultural difference between the "a" and the "er".

But then I realised the type of person I was talking to and deleted it.

You can't talk an idiot out of a position he didn't think himself into in the first place.

They're not the only ones!

The message Trump peddled was protectionist i.e. "Move your production facility to Mexico and if I get elected I will tax the bollox out of any product you try and ship to the US of A." In places that are hurting like car manufacture it's exactly what they want to hear. Will it save their jobs? Personally I doubt it.

I also expect those in the bottom tiers will get hit hardest as he cuts welfare - just like Reagan did.

A protectionist US of A - what a truly excellent time to leave the EU...!

Like calling brexiters stupid and racist, calling Trump supporters the same is wrong. White people are humans too, which the left seems to conveniently forget.

Some are racist and stupid (on both sides), most are not, and are sick of being called racist and stupid.

I'm still amazed he won as from my point of view Obama was a good president, but calling his supporters stupid racists just ensures they'll never switch allegiance

Godwin alert.

I have some sympathy with Brexiters when it comes to that argument. But not Trump He's come out with the most blatant racist rhetoric of any Western leader or realistically hopeful leader since Hitler. He is undeniably racist. And he has purposely targeted racist support. To not highlight it would be wrong. If people are claiming that they support him despite his blatant racism, obvious lies and stupid proclamations, but for some other reason, then it had better be a fucking good reason.

There was a black gay 19 year old on the news explaining why he voted for trump. his reasons were pretty sound.

Archived